Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the coldest weather you've hunted in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-10F on the west slope of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains in New Mexico. Our boots froze to the ground over night. Knee deep snow, too. That was a rough hunt.

Comment

9 degrees with a -12 windchill in Missouri. Lasted about 3 hours and was done.

Comment

Been to Alberta and Saskatchewan several times chasing deer. It's always been cold, -25 is common. When it's 0 the locals call it a heat wave. I remember one time I was dressed heavily and looked like a giant Michelin man and fell down and a &%$#@ time getting back up on my feet.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
          Been to Alberta and Saskatchewan several times chasing deer. It's always been cold, -25 is common. When it's 0 the locals call it a heat wave. I remember one time I was dressed heavily and looked like a giant Michelin man and fell down and a &%$#@ time getting back up on my feet.

Haha, that's rough.

Comment

I hunted duck hunted this am and it was mid twenties. Trial run for next weeks weather. I'm gonna need more layers.

Comment

-33 windchill, -10 actual temp. Lots of times at 0

Comment

8 with the wind chill about -3

Comment

4 degrees pheasant hunting froze the diesel in the lines on the truck. One miserable day and sleeting

Comment

Quail hunted in the Panhandle when it was 15, with a 20-25 mph wind. Recollect that it wasn't too terrible, only because we were moving constantly and I wore a good hat. That wide-brimmed Stetson seemed to really help break the wind and keep ears warm even though they were exposed.

Duck hunted on Lake Tawakoni in north Texas one time when we had to break ice to set up the decoys. Guess it was in the teens. Wasn't too bad, since we were in a blind and mostly out of the wind, but just sitting there between retrieves got cool pretty quick.

Comment

7 degrees Kansas. Wind blowing 20-25 2ft fresh snow walked 350 yds to a **** tripod spent 2 hours up their had to get down and junior looked like a starter button on a ford tractor. Oh yea no deer

Comment

Idaho, mountain lion hunting -15 one morning....

Comment

7 deg and I wasn’t hunting. Guiding a kid on a deer hunt...

Comment

8 degrees in Tilden, back in the late 70s. Was absolutely miserable. Hunted in temps in the teens and 20s many times back in the 80s and 90s and a few times since.

Comment

-10 F (-20 windchill)

Comment

Mid teens in north Texas about 7-9 years ago. I had a heater in my blind, but my spit bottle still froze. My brother shot a bobcat, by the time I got to him to pick him up and find the cat, all the blood was frozen and looked like a cherry popsicle on top of the grass. It was miserable

Comment

Working...
                                X