Which Gold Tip for Elite Z-28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Gold Tip for Elite Z-28

I need a little help on arrow selection. I recently bought an Elite Z-28 and was wondering which spine gold tip to use. It's set up at 28.5" and 68 pounds. I've heard this bow seems to like a little stiffer spine, but think the 7595 might be too stiff. I'll also be shooting 100 grain heads. What length should they be cut to start off with? Thanks

Originally posted by cwill View Post
    I need a little help on arrow selection. I recently bought an Elite Z-28 and was wondering which spine gold tip to use. It's set up at 28.5" and 68 pounds. I've heard this bow seems to like a little stiffer spine, but think the 7595 might be too stiff. I'll also be shooting 100 grain heads. What length should they be cut to start off with? Thanks
    If you are planning on shooting BH's I think you want the 7595's. Don't go on what I say on the length, but I would cut them at 28. Maybe someone with a program will comment.

Comment

Depending on the rest you use. I'm shooting a QAD dl is 29" but I shoot a 27" arrow. I could drop to the 26" but the foc would have been less. First figure in the gpi of the arrow, shooting a min. of 5gr per inch. Measure how much arrow you have to have in order to acheive the 5gpi If both arrows or ok with that # then the chart will tell you. Right now with a 28" arrow and a 100gr tip you need the 7595 shaft. If you cut it to the 27" mark you can use the 5575 or the 7595. The chart says 5575 is the shaft at 27". Not knowing you I would say at least 1" past the rest, for beginners 2"

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        If you are planning on shooting BH's I think you want the 7595's. Don't go on what I say on the length, but I would cut them at 28. Maybe someone with a program will comment.
        Thanks for the input
        Originally posted by 3children View Post
        Depending on the rest you use. I'm shooting a QAD dl is 29" but I shoot a 27" arrow. I could drop to the 26" but the foc would have been less. First figure in the gpi of the arrow, shooting a min. of 5gr per inch. Measure how much arrow you have to have in order to acheive the 5gpi If both arrows or ok with that # then the chart will tell you. Right now with a 28" arrow and a 100gr tip you need the 7595 shaft. If you cut it to the 27" mark you can use the 5575 or the 7595. The chart says 5575 is the shaft at 27". Not knowing you I would say at least 1" past the rest, for beginners 2"
        I'm thinking the 7595 as well because this bow seems to like a stiffer spine from what I've read. I need to buy some full length arrows and cut em down until I find the sweet spot. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X