Cohen tapes Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cohen tapes Trump

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump's longtime lawyer, Michael Cohen, secretly recorded a conversation with Trump two months before the presidential election in which they discussed payments to a former Playboy model who said she had an affair with Trump, according to lawyers and others familiar with the recording.

The FBI seized the recording this year during a raid on Cohen's office. The Justice Department is investigating Cohen's involvement in paying women to tamp down embarrassing news stories about Trump before the 2016 election. Prosecutors want to know whether that violated federal campaign finance laws, and any conversation with Trump about those payments would be of keen interest to them.

I cant imagine that this will end well for Trump. Seems like more a distraction.

I still dont see how Trump did anything illegal. And it still seems like a fishing expedition by prosecutors. Furthermore, I want to say that NY is a two party consent state when it comes to recording phone calls.

Reminds me of something I heard about getting your hand stuck in the cookie jar.
    Last edited by simek; 07-20-2018, 10:52 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
      WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump's longtime lawyer, Michael Cohen, secretly recorded a conversation with Trump two months before the presidential election in which they discussed payments to a former Playboy model who said she had an affair with Trump, according to lawyers and others familiar with the recording.

The FBI seized the recording this year during a raid on Cohen's office. The Justice Department is investigating Cohen's involvement in paying women to tamp down embarrassing news stories about Trump before the 2016 election. Prosecutors want to know whether that violated federal campaign finance laws, and any conversation with Trump about those payments would be of keen interest to them.

I cant imagine that this will end well for Trump. Seems like more a distraction.

I still dont see how Trump did anything illegal. And it still seems like a fishing expedition by prosecutors. Furthermore, I want to say that NY is a two party consent state when it comes to recording phone calls.

So is this supposed to be the link to Russia? Did they finally get him this time? What a joke.

Comment

Is this a common practice for lawyers to record client conversations?
        Seems like this would be attorney-client privilege or something.

Comment

I will be interested to see how the “Evangelical” faction of Trump support spins this, particularly Franklin Graham

Comment

Kinda guy I expected he was when voted for him

Comment

I think the point is that he and his staff lied to the American people about this issue. He has most likely lied about others.

I for one am not OK with all of his lies and Bolshevik tactics to try to change the focus or blame someone else for everything that happens, and to claim credit for things he clearly didn't accomplish.

Trump is what I call a snow-blower. You never know what is going to come out of his mouth and half the time it seems it is impossible for it to be true and the other half totally bloated for self gain.

Comment

She lost. Get over it!

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedge View Post
                  I think the point is that he and his staff lied to the American people about this issue. He has most likely lied about others.

I for one am not OK with all of his lies and Bolshevik tactics to try to change the focus or blame someone else for everything that happens, and to claim credit for things he clearly didn't accomplish.

Trump is what I call a snow-blower. You never know what is going to come out of his mouth and half the time it seems it is impossible for it to be true and the other half totally bloated for self gain.
                  Are you talking about Trump or Obama? Because this sure sounds like Obama.

Comment

geez ya make it sound like its an everyday thing with him.

Comment

She must be Russian...

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                        Are you talking about Trump or Obama? Because this sure sounds like Obama.
                        Or even the media.

For what it is worth. I dont think this tape about payments relates to dirty washed up P star. I think this payment was about the ex-playboy model.

I still think that them going after an attorney/client tape shows how desperate they really are. I mean, wasnt the original warrant supposed to be related back to Russia.

Comment

It is kinda like the Clinton/Monica deal. I don't think most people really care. It isn't like he was voted in on his moral character. Now if he has some recording of something Russian, that would matter.

Comment

How anyone can still claim this investigation is legit is beyond me. It's clearly an investigation of person in an attempt to find a crime.

Freaking ridiculous. You'd have to be full on boot licker status to support it at this point.

The fact it's being led by a man with a history of being a complete POS just makes it even better.

Comment

I'm confused. Is he a NAZI, or a Bolshevik? If the latter, why are actual communists out there in the media tearing him down every day?

Comment

Working...
                              X