Anyone use FOB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use FOB's

I am talking about the circle type vanes.

Yes, I've been shooting them for about a month and another LJ TBH'er (lbbf) has been shooting them for several years. Watching him shoot them is what turned got me interested. Since you're local, you can come by my place and try them out, or see them in action, if you want to.

Comment

Heck yeah. We need to have a FOB party! Something about that just doesn't sound right.

Comment

You guys can show each other your FOBs...

Comment

Mine's BIGGER

Comment

Probably will not ever see vanes or feathers on my arrows again. I hate fletching arrows!!

Comment

Just about convinced FOB's are good to go. Been playing with them a while now.

Comment

They shoot great. Especially with broadheads. The ONLY reason I don't use them is because I use lighted nocks. They definitely stabilize the crap out of an arrow.

Comment

I don't believe that they do anything better than vanes. On the other hand they don't do anything worse either. The one HUGE advantage is when you have to fletch arrows. I can do a dozen with FOBS in less time than you can fletch one.

Comment

I make a lighted nock that can be used with FOBs as well.

Comment

The biggest thing that FOB's do better than vanes or feathers is in a heavy cross wind. they will not drift as much and this has been proven using a Hooter Shooter.

Comment

been using them for about 1 year now, they're awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
                          I don't believe that they do anything better than vanes. On the other hand they don't do anything worse either. The one HUGE advantage is when you have to fletch arrows. I can do a dozen with FOBS in less time than you can fletch one.
                          I can install a dozen FOBs quicker than I can attach ONE vane

Comment

I guess then I need yo figure out which one sto use and then order me some. The guys in LJ need together and have another shoot or lunch again.
                            Last edited by trouttracker; 01-24-2012, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trouttracker View Post
                              I guess then I need yo figure out which one sto use and then order me some. The guys in LJ need together and have another shoot or lunch again.
                              PM me and we can set up a time for you to come by and give them a try. I can show you how to order the right ones for your arrows, as well. It's so simple even a caveman can do it.

It is about time for another LJ get together, ain't it

Comment

Working...
                              X