EVO Tuning question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EVO Tuning question

Over the years I've heard the same old comment about people shooting expandables because they can't or won't tune their bows to shoot fixed blades. Well, while I don't think that's the only reason a person might shoot a mechanical, I also know it is not easy for those of us with limited tuning knowledge to tune a bow for broadheads.

Last Christmas I received a set of Rage as a gift and thought I'd give them a try during the 2011 season. So I slapped on the practice Rage and was pleased at the field-tip accuracy. Being a little old-school, as archery season neared I began to second-guess my decision and decided to abandon the mechanicals and go back to my 100 grain Thunderheads. Up to that point the only thin I had ever fired from my EVO were field points and Rage practice point.

Right away I did not like the way the Thunderheads were flying so I took some time to paper tune. Never really could get a good tune. I still had to make a 3 inch horizontal and 1.5 inch vertical sight adjustments, going from field points to BH's. Not being satisfied with what I was seeing, I took the bow to the shop (very reputable shop) for their advice.

At the shop we made some tiny adjustments to get it tuned and cutting the paper right. At 6 yards it was tearing just a bit, but at 9 yards it was perfect. Shop tech. said that with todays faster bows it just takes a little for the arrows to stabilize. I am just ignorant enough to buy that.

I guess this is a long-winded way of asking: does anyone out there have a bow that shoots field points and broadheads without having to adjust sights?

Get with Korbin from korbins archery he is awesome with tuning evos

Comment

My broadheads and field points hit the same fixed or mech.

Comment

x2 good questions. Im interested in learning how to do it myself.

Comment

Yes. My bow will shot field tips and several different fixed blade broad heads and have the same point of impact. It can be done to any bow/arrow/BH combination with a little time and effort.

Comment

What poundage bow are you shooting and what spine arrows?

Comment

Originally posted by Death Dealer View Post
              What poundage bow are you shooting and what spine arrows?
              Shooting Beaman (sp?) 340's at 68#.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGArchery View Post
                My broadheads and field points hit the same fixed or mech.
                So what kind of tweeking did you have to do to get that result, if any?

Comment

Originally posted by focushunter View Post
                  Get with Korbin from korbins archery he is awesome with tuning evos
                  Do you have personal experience with them tuning a EVO? They are not too far out of my way going to the lease.

Comment

shouldn't have to have a settling in period. from about 3-5 yards you should get the story. If the arrow is not coming off the bow properly you may have an issue. If things won't get better it could then be a spine issue.

Comment

My Evo shot both the same. I was shooting 400 spines on 72 pounds so I think your spines are fine. Something to do with your rest or nocking point is off IMO.

Comment

My Extreme shoots the same

Comment

Working...
                        X