T.H.E. Deerman Shoot at Collin County April 11/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T.H.E. Deerman Shoot at Collin County April 11/12

Collin County Bowhunters will be hosting our annual T.H.E. Deerman shoot April 11/12. This is the Third Leg of the Texas Grand Slam for 2015.

If you have never shot in one of these tournaments, you really owe it to yourself to give it a try. It is a completely different scoring system with completely different target/kill zones than you are accustomed to and they are a lot of fun to shoot.

I hope to see you there. We will do a Shotgun Start at 10:00 AM both days, 15targets and you will shoot them twice for a total of 30 targets.

We will have food and drinks available and free bottled water out on the range.

Don't forget to bring the kids, they are the future of our sport!!!

Wayne

Never done one of these or any shoot before. What are the average yardages?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
      Never done one of these or any shoot before. What are the average yardages?
      Depends on your class. Their Beginner class is a 20yd max, Avg Joe is 30 and Advanced Hunter is 40. They also have a couple more classes but I am not 100% certain on the maxes off the top of my head.

You may go to the3d.org for more info.

Comment

This is not an ordinary set up, you may have a shot at an animal quartering 60* and the kill zone will be moved back on the animal to where it would be on a live animal at that angle.
        Also, any hit on the animal that is not in the kill zone nets you a score of -5, so if you miss the kill zone very often you can have a really ugly score.

It is intended to be more like hunting shots that you might see in the field.

It is different and a loads of fun.

Wayne

Comment

REEMINDER: THIS SATURDAY AND SUNDAY APRIL 11/12:

We got the range mowed and lanes ready yesterday. We are using some new lanes for this tournament. We will be ready to go Saturday Morning. Hope to see you there. It is still muddy from all the rain, so I would wear boots or old shoes at least.

The forecast is not looking great but it will be fun if we do not have a total wash out. I think the rain is predicted mostly late afternoon.

We will have hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and soft drinks for purchase. Free bottled water at the club house and on the course.

Come on out.

Comment

we will be there on Sunday.

Comment

We want to thank everyone who came out. We had 57 tournaments rounds plus about 10or 12 youth/cubs/mini cubs and another 13 fun rounds, so we got to see a lot of old friends and lot of new faces as well, and we appreciate each and every one of you.

I hope you had a great time and I hope we see you again soon.

Wayne

Comment

Working...
              X