British Columbia Ends Grizzly Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Columbia Ends Grizzly Hunting

No more trophy Grizzly hunts in British Columbia. The government of British Columbia declared an end to trophy hunting grizzly bears, beginning November 30, 2017

Effective November 30, 2017, trophy hunting for grizzly bears in the province of British Columbia will end.

Saw that coming sadly

Comment

Yep, saw it on Monday thru SCI page. Just disgusting that they are making decisions based on pure emotion. They did not even consider the volumes of pure science concerning the Grizzly population. When there pets, cattle and god forbid kids end up on the menu they will scream to high heaven. Mental Midgets everywhere these days!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        Yep, saw it on Monday thru SCI page. Just disgusting that they are making decisions based on pure emotion. They did not even consider the volumes of pure science concerning the Grizzly population. When there pets, cattle and god forbid kids end up on the menu they will scream to high heaven. Mental Midgets everywhere these days!
        My thoughts exactly! It won'd be an issue until someone gets hurt.

Comment

When more of that bear scat starts showing up with little bells in it, they'll reconsider!

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
            My thoughts exactly! It won'd be an issue until someone gets hurt.
            It still wont be an issue with the mental midgets.

Comment

Pretty ignorant! Isn't the BC grizz population like 15k??? Wonder how many tags are issued?

Comment

Very unfortunate...my dream animal with a bow continues to slip farther from grasp with each day that passes.

Comment

hopefully they don't do something equally as stupid in the NWT next.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelW View Post
                    Very unfortunate...my dream animal with a bow continues to slip farther from grasp with each day that passes.

My dream retirement hunt is a moose and brown bear combo hunt. I hope it's still doable in 4-5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The anti's have been dumping money and emotion into getting this passed and they won which was easily expected.

More and more of this will happen over the years

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                        Pretty ignorant! Isn't the BC grizz population like 15k??? Wonder how many tags are issued?
                        Yeppers!!! 15,000 and only 250 tags..........just insanity! Here is a poll if folks are interested it is running about 50/50 when I took it, please share with hunters:

Trophy hunting for grizzly bears in British Columbia comes to an end effective the end of November. The announcement was made yesterday by Minister of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development Doug Donaldson.
                        There are an estimated 15,000 grizzly bears in British Columbia. Each year, approximately 250 are taken by hunters. That is a 1.6% harvest of the population.
                        The Vancouver Sun newspaper is sponsoring a poll.
                        To register your vote go to http://vancouversun.com/news/local-n...ly-trophy-hunt
                        For information on International bowhunting trips contact:
                        Neil Summers neil@bowhuntingsafari.com
                        Last edited by Landrover; 08-16-2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel View Post
                          My dream retirement hunt is a moose and brown bear combo hunt. I hope it's still doable in 4-5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Brownies don't have near as much pressure as Grizzly's. Folks believe the interior grizzlies are still in the shape when the pioneers settled the west. But you never know at this pace. I will be at a SCI board meeting in Arizona next week and will get a feel for your concern.

Comment

Guess if I'm lucky enough to get my sheep early next year I better go for a grizzly while my price is still set. Alaska may be seeing a price increase soon

Comment

Pure stupidity

Comment

Working...
                              X