Question on Saxon Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Saxon Bow

Saw a Saxon American on the classifieds. I've wanted to get into trad hunting after 35 years of compound hunting. The price is right and what reviews I've found are good. Anyone on TBH have experience with Saxon or know anything about these bows. Feedback would be helpful before I make a purchase, since I know very little about traditional bows.

The Saxon is a fine longbow. I've never owned one but have shot one. 55 lbs is too much to start out with. For a beginner I would go with no more than 40 to 45 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
      ...55 lbs is too much to start out with. For a beginner I would go with no more than 40 to 45 lbs.
      X2

Comment

I have the Saxon American Recurve its a good Bow I'd be interested in the longbow but it's a little more $ than I have right now with Santas sleigh still to be filled

Comment

I bought the bow. Got it off the classified here. I've shot a compound for years and decided to "bite the broadhead" and give traditional a go. Shot it without any problems and practiced yesterday with about 30 shots. Never tired so I think I can handle the weight. We will see. I don't plan to hunt this year with it. Will practice for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by FamousAmos View Post
            I bought the bow. Got it off the classified here. I've shot a compound for years and decided to "bite the broadhead" and give traditional a go. Shot it without any problems and practiced yesterday with about 30 shots. Never tired so I think I can handle the weight. We will see. I don't plan to hunt this year with it. Will practice for next year.
            Congrats on your purchase. I saw that bow and it brought back memories of the recurve I had. It was a great shooting bow but fell victim to my "wanting to try something different". That sure has cost me some great shooting bows I wish I had back.

Comment

Working...
            X