dominate eye or dominate hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dominate eye or dominate hand

I know the eye should dictate and I shoot my compound left, left eye dominate, with a peep, but I am right handed.

But how many of you guys shoot your bows opposite your dominate eye,

Im asking because Im seriously looking at trad bows and I shoot my daughters little 15lb recurve and I seem to shoot better right handed.
    I am going to go somewhere and try a real trad bow and see how I do either way but just curious what experience yall have on this.
    Thanks

Grew up shooting right handed , left eye dominate . Learned to shoot lefty and never looked back.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
      Grew up shooting right handed , left eye dominate . Learned to shoot lefty and never looked back.

BP
      X2

Comment

x3

Comment

Same here shoot lefty

Comment

There are quite a few guys that shoot cross eyed! That being said, if you are left eye dominant, and already shoot a compound lefty, I would say you should shoot trad as a lefty too. It will take one more obstacle out of the picture that you will have to overcome to get good. And believe me, there are plenty of obstacles already there, so if you can eliminate any, that puts you that much farther ahead! JMHO!

Bisch

Comment

If you can close your dominate eye when you shoot you no longer have opposite dominance. My daughter shoots left and is right eye dominant. Closes right eye when she shoots. No issue

Comment

Originally posted by MidLifeKtm View Post
                If you can close your dominate eye when you shoot you no longer have opposite dominance. My daughter shoots left and is right eye dominant. Closes right eye when she shoots. No issue
                It's no issue when you have a peep sight to look thru! But it sure can screw up your depth perception when you have no sights or peep!

Bisch

Comment

DOM-IH-NAYT.

The word you want is "dominant."

Comment

dominate

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                    DOM-IH-NAYT.

No need to dominate this dynamic thread on eye dominance. You understood his meaning, did you not?:-) :-) :-)
                    Last edited by dgrantlpc; 12-05-2014, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                      DOM-IH-NAYT.

Thanks teach.....I've gotten so used to having autocorrect spell for me...and I graduated from A&M

Comment

watching to see what everyone has to say about this. I have 4 sons, all of whom are left handed but everyone of them shoot right handed. The oldest two have expressed interest in learning to bowhunt, so this may end being informative

Comment

Originally posted by dgrantlpc View Post
                          No need to dominate this dynamic thread on eye dominance. You understood his meaning, did you not?:-) :-) :-)

Excellent.

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                          Thanks teach.....I've gotten so used to having autocorrect spell for me...and I graduated from A&M

As did my wife. Gig em.

Comment

I'm a lefty with a right eye dominance. Yes I shoot with one eye close and that eliminates most of the problem but it does hurt your vision with one eye closed! Low light levels are more challenging. Add to that now I wear 2.0 cheaters and its getting harder and harder to see to the degree I would like too. My pins seem to be getting bigger (out of focus) but so far I can still see good enough to shoot. I tried shooting with the cheaters and the pins looked great......but I couldn't see the target!! A rifle is no real problem but wing shooting with a shotgun I run into the same issue having to keep one eye closed at all times.

Comment

Right handed & left eyed here.

I shoot just fine right handed. Only time I ever had a problem was when I was told I needed to try to fix it, so I tried, and my shooting went to hell.

My experience leads me to believe that it isn't as big a deal as gets made of it, but your mileage may vary.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X