No announcement yet.

slick trick groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is all the pressure applied to the throat of the grip by your hand?
    Is all pressure applied by your hand directly in-line with the riser?
    Is your nocking point directly behind the throat of the grip?
    As a matter of fact, hand torque as you call it, is well below the nock-point, affecting vertical nock-travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearkills View Post
      No bow will leave a self respecting manufacturers with limbs so far out of deflection they could stretch a cable more than a 32nd one way more than another. I have put cables under 150 .lbs of tension more than the other and they still come out to the same length once tensioned to the weight they were served under. I am no supertuner, but what I described with the cables takes all of three minutes and if I have two cables that are more than two full twists off from each other, I am trashing them.
      Do you think the average consumer can or will do this?
      Are you telling me that if cables are different lengths after timing the bow, the bow won't shoot a good arrow?

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
        Do you think the average consumer can or will do this?
        Are you telling me that if cables are different lengths after timing the bow, the bow won't shoot a good arrow?
        I am telling you they won't stay in time as long as if they were very close to the same length. And no, I have never experience a difference in vertical nock travel in between myself and my hooter shooter. Ever, so I do not agree with you there. And the average consumer won't be tuning their bow, so your question is kind of moot isn't it?

Comment

I am telling you they won't stay in time as long as if they were very close to the same length. And no, I have never experience a difference in vertical nock travel in between myself and my hooter shooter. Ever, so I do not agree with you there. And the average consumer won't be tuning their bow, so your question is kind of moot isn't it?
          If you sight-in your bow, and then shoot it on you Hooter Shooter, lining the sights up the same, you're telling me the impact point is the same?

Comment

If you sight-in your bow, and then shoot it on you Hooter Shooter, lining the sights up the same, you're telling me the impact point is the same?
            I am telling you after I get same POI with my hooter shooter using just FPs and BHs ... I get the exact same performance when I shoot the bow myself. Vertical nock travel is affected by a couple of things, my hand or wrist orientation does not affect it. I can shoot high wrist, low wrist ... thumb up thumb down and the only thing usually affected will be horizontal travel or center shot.

Comment

I am telling you after I get same POI with my hooter shooter using just FPs and BHs ... I get the exact same performance when I shoot the bow myself. Vertical nock travel is affected by a couple of things, my hand or wrist orientation does not affect it. I can shoot high wrist, low wrist ... thumb up thumb down and the only thing usually affected will be horizontal travel or center shot.
              Let me ask another question.
              After setting draw-length with a draw-board, have you ever noticed a difference in draw-length while being hand-drawn?

Comment

No bow will leave a self respecting manufacturers with limbs so far out of deflection they could stretch a cable more than a 32nd one way more than another. I have put cables under 150 .lbs of tension more than the other and they still come out to the same length once tensioned to the weight they were served under. I am no supertuner, but what I described with the cables takes all of three minutes and if I have two cables that are more than two full twists off from each other, I am trashing them.
                I'm not a proponent of tiller-tuning, but limb deflection being imperfect is the reason alot of tuners are.

Comment

Well all I can say is that my Wife's Destroyer 350 is tunned to the hilt and I can honestly say that she is having the same problem with the 100gr Griz Trick. Timing is dead nuts, center shot is dead nuts, rest level is dead nuts, nocking point is dead nuts, and there is no nock travel as far as I can see on draw table and it shoots bullets through paper. And that is with correct spine and 3" Duravanes and fletched in a Bitzenberger right helix jig. I told her to put one of my Rage 2 blades on and try it and pin point compared to the Griz Trik about 6-8" out at five o'clock.

Also I don't care much for the whistle they make in flight.
                  Last edited by lil_armond; 03-25-2010, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Let me ask another question.
                    After setting draw-length with a draw-board, have you ever noticed a difference in draw-length while being hand-drawn?
                    That will depend on how accurately you set your tape on your draw board, but I don't care what is drawing the bow back... you don't change the power stroke ... so the cams are going to turn the same whether in a draw board or in a hand. 29"s amo is 29"s amo ... now whether that is a fit or not has nothing to do with if a draw board is an effective tool or not.

If you truly do not see the advantages of using a draw board, you are in the minority of the experienced techs that I have met. Clearly no matter what information I tell you, you are going to think you know better. I am afraid we will have to agree to disagree on this one. Is your shop on Lake Fork? Would love to stop by sometime.

Comment

Is your shop on Lake Fork? Would love to stop by sometime.
                      You are welcome anytime, but after having this discussion, I have a feeling you will be unimpressed and shocked at my simplicity.

Comment

Working...
                      X