Wild Cattle Hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razor Dobbs View Post
    I was told one time there are some ranches in s. tex and in w. tex that there are free-ranging wild cattle - cattle that have been breeding in the wild for generations. They are suppose to be wild as heck and some what dangerous to hunt.
    Originally posted by Smart View Post
    I've been on one and had it mounted.....

did TexasTaxi do that???? how much did he pay you?

just kidding. he's good!

did TexasTaxi do that???? how much did he pay you?

just kidding. he's good!

Comment

Originally posted by 46&2 View Post
      I remember reading stories about the Burnham brothers hunting em years ago.
      I read the same story. Hunting in thick cane along the Rio Grande.

Comment

I raize the mexican corriente cattle breed here in east Texas & have 5 or six bulls that have gone wild . In the brush & woods they are almost impossible to catch horse back. I have been thinking about trying to get some pics of them & sell hunts for them, they would make cool mounts with the big horns & all. My web site is www.doubleccattleco.com the cattle in the pics are tame but the bulls im wanting to hunt are not.

Comment

should be easy to hit one with an arrow. ya think?

Comment

One time my brother and I was quail hunting out at Black Gap Wildlife Management Area and we saw a wild bull roaming around way out in the middle of nowhere. Looked like one of those fighting bulls.

Comment

That might be an interesting sport. Put on RED and go after wild bull. Or they come after you. Should be exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                I've been on one and had it mounted.....

You crack me up.

Comment

I have heard of helicopter round ups of semi-wild cattle but have never heard of hunting them.

Tbar

Comment

cane breaks below Del Rio south, they did this north of Eagle Pass 25 years ago and they are wild and will hunt you down if cornered

Comment

I saw a hunting show years ago about hunting nilgai and these wild cattle that they called "Brazos bulls". They were rifle hunting with.375 H&H's so they had plenty of respect for them. The one they killed was spotted like an Appaloosa horse.

Comment

It sounds pretty awesome...i guarantee it will get your adrenaline goin!

Comment

Hunting cows? What's next......hunting horses and chickens? Seems kinda weird to me. Maybe I'm missing something.

Comment

on the Sportsman Channel, the show is Maxium Archery, They are doing this right now

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                              on the Sportsman Channel, the show is Maxium Archery, They are doing this right now
                              Watching it too.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                                How would you call them rascals in?? Hmmmmm??? And could you use jerky for a cover scent or an attractant?
                                blow the truck horn always worked at my grandfathers place

A guy that use to hunt on our lease told my cousin all he shot this year was a pig and feral cow on his new lease in Lampasa county

Comment

Working...
                                X