Goofy racked buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goofy racked buck

I have a few pics of this goofy racked buck, any ideas what's going on with him.? Do you think he could be normal next year, can't shoot him anyway, 13" rule applies in Stephens county. I know my dates and time are wrong, I got these pics from camera this past weekend. These are the only decent pics I have of him.
    Attached Files

I don't think the 13 rule would apply to him

Comment

I think the 13" rule does apply to him, he has more than 1 unbranched antler so he qualifies. Even though he's non typical looking he is still considered an antlered buck and. It a spike by TPWD. Anyway to the OP, I had one looking like that for a year and the next he was better on one side but the other never really recovered. So I couldn't really figure out what caused it. I never saw the deer in person so all I could do is go off cam pics.

Comment

Didn't quite jump high enough over a fence, lost his boys. That's my guess anyways.

Comment

The 13" rule does apply...X2

No way of knowing what he will be next year, but if he keeps it up he will be crazy looking for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
            Didn't quite jump high enough over a fence, lost his boys. That's my guess anyways.
            This.. I bet he never looses his velvet.

Comment

Get on TPWD and call the local game warden. Send him a pic of him and ask if he is under AR rule or not.

Comment

Could just be a damaged pedicle. I wouldn't shoot him especially since he looks young. Here is a buck I caught in a hog trap last season. This year showed damaged to the same side from where he hit it in the trap. I don't plan on shooting him for another 3-4 yrs depending on how he develops and ARs.
                Attached Files

Comment

Man that's awesome, where in Stephens county are you?

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                    This.. I bet he never looses his velvet.
                    I haver called TPWD reguarding an antlered doe we have. If they still have soft velvet on the antlers......they are a doe as the hardened antler does not protrude through the skin (the velvet is skin).

Once it sheds (even if a doe) it is antlered and all AR stuff applies.

This doe on our place has at least 4" bases.

Comment

Originally posted by Fang6130 View Post
                      Man that's awesome, where in Stephens county are you?
                      Right between Ranger and Eastland.

Comment

Not 13", NO Shoot!

Comment

Stag,will always be in velvet,thats what it looks like to me anyway

Comment

Let him go one year and find out.

Comment

he's a strange one

Comment

Working...
                              X