Public land squirrel hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McLovin View Post
    I hunted S'tringfellow last year with my kids and friend's kids. We shot 7 or 8 that morning. We showed up right before daylight and found that almost all of the compartments were already taken so show up early. I didn't think that many people hunted bushytails anymore. Gus Engling also has a squirrel hunt that is pretty good if you stay along the creeks.
    Thanks for the info.

Comment

Squirrel hunting is sometimes tougher in Jan/February due to more squirrels are on the ground for their food. Unless you have a good squirrel dog then the hunting will be much better. Now hunting one of the parks that has open dates would be the way to go.

Comment

Comment

Going to Nannies Stringfellow tomorrow morning. It's going to be my daughters first real hunt. She's super excited.

Comment

Hoggslayer,

How did you guys do?

Comment

That was 3 years ago but we made some good memories. Hunting wasn't great that day because the wind was blowing 30+. They have a hunt coming up this weekend and I was hoping to go back, but my daughter has something else going on. Maybe next month.

Comment

Oh man! I didn't look at the date. I wish there was a place we could just walk in any day during the season. Never squirrel hunted and thinking about taking my kids out there.

Comment

I am headed to Granger this weekend

Comment

Anybody here every squirrel hunt at Old Sabine? I’m thinking about hunting there with a buddy, one of us loaded for hogs and the other loaded for squirrels. Curious to hear what this group thinks.

Comment

Working...
                    X