Teal Spotted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teal Spotted

Seen 2 flocks of teal today about 15 - 20 each, 288 south Rosharon area while cutting rice. Anybody else, this is 10 miles due south of Houston. Hope with a full moon and some cool weather will come along

I've seen a few groups down here on the coast. Was fishing the south shoreline of baffin today and saw 30+ land in a pond just off the shoreline.

Comment

Tooooo hot to teal hunt.... skeeters and moccasins. I think I'll pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice sign. Can you lighten up on the rain?

Comment

That's weird. I called a friend today, asking if it was too early because I swore I saw some on a stock tank today.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I commercial crab Matagorda , saw some Monday

Comment

Full moon was 8/7, so I'd suspect a few moved south

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                Full moon was 8/7, so I'd suspect a few moved south
                I saw a handful NE of Lubbock on a couple of playas two weeks ago.

Comment

Good report! Won't be long now!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

I have seen 2 groups of Blue wing on some water around my house.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                      I saw a handful NE of Lubbock on a couple of playas two weeks ago.
                      On a year like this it's hard to differentiate the early migrators from the resident. I have seen teal and mallards all summer long because playas have stayed wet..

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        On a year like this it's hard to differentiate the early migrators from the resident. I have seen teal and mallards all summer long because playas have stayed wet..
                        Seemed like more cotton this year around town and less grain?

Comment

I saw six in a pond near Blunzer. South Texas.

Comment

LOTS of cotton this year.. I have seen huge groups of teal on playas west of Lubbock for the last couple weeks.. From what we were told by our guys in the prairie pothole region (ND), it's super dry up there and may make them birds get on the move looking for more habitat.. (my theory of course)

Comment

Originally posted by buxNdux View Post
                              LOTS of cotton this year.. I have seen huge groups of teal on playas west of Lubbock for the last couple weeks.. From what we were told by our guys in the prairie pothole region (ND), it's super dry up there and may make them birds get on the move looking for more habitat.. (my theory of course)
                              Makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X