No announcement yet.

Target Animal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would have been 200"+ Mule Deer but I don't even have a lease this year for the first time in 10 yrs...

Comment

I have my eye on a big 8 this year. My favorite way to hunt is to single out a specific buck and hunt him.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
        It would have been 200"+ Mule Deer but I don't even have a lease this year for the first time in 10 yrs...
        Are you still going to Kansas?

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
          Are you still going to Kansas?
          No I did not put in this year. Waiting till next year due to the back to back droughts from a few years back. Should be a lot more mature bucks next year and years after.

Comment

WTH happened with out West?

Comment

My target animal is a 200" whitetail. I've yet to see any signs that one exists, but I can have high hopes.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                WTH happened with out West?
                I did not get back on this year. Lack of mature bucks for the past 2 yrs and it will only be worse this year. 2008 and 2009 we only saw 1 fawn on 70,000 acres. 2010 was a small fawn crop followed by a drought year in 2011 we only saw a handful of fawns. So 4 yrs of not much left a hole. The future looks good with good fawn crops. Lot of 1-5 yr old bucks this year.

Comment

Something with my bow.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Comment

Moose, I'm going home to Alaska September 3rd to chase bull Winkle.

Comment

I did not get back on this year. Lack of mature bucks for the past 2 yrs and it will only be worse this year. 2008 and 2009 we only saw 1 fawn on 70,000 acres. 2010 was a small fawn crop followed by a drought year in 2011 we only saw a handful of fawns. So 4 yrs of not much left a hole. The future looks good with good fawn crops. Lot of 1-5 yr old bucks this year.
                      I hear ya. Hoping nothing had happened to the LO or anything like that. If I were you, I'd blame Brandon.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                        I hear ya. Hoping nothing had happened to the LO or anything like that. If I were you, I'd blame Brandon.
                        Only LO issue is more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Another increase this year.

Comment

One of the 3 bucks I'm watching early! Just have SEP 30-Halloween to hunt this year.

Comment

A huge whitetail or two.

Comment

This whitetail with my bow and a drake mallard. Down here in deep STx we don't get any. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4928.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	24506471

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sophia Vergara

Comment

Working...
                                X