3 screw Ruger Blackhawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 screw Ruger Blackhawk

Any Ruger gurus on here ? I have a 70## serial number 4 5/8" .357 Blackhawk not converted . Still 3 screw . According to what I've read it was made in 1956 it's a type 1 flattop. It also has the plum colored discoloration on the loading ramp. Been thinking about possibly selling it lately. Or maybe trying to find a collector to sell it to. Someone that could truly appreciate this gun. It has alittle bit of holster wear at the end of the barrel but otherwise it's in great shape I think. Trying to figure out what it's worth . The numbers on the internet are all over the place..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rounds thru barrel

Comment

With the visible wear You might be able to claim 90% According to the Blue Book it would be worth about $500

Comment

The book that I have shows that in the year 1957 that the serial number should start at about 7318 and serial number 1737 for for 1956.

Comment

Thanks guys.. I'm not sure how many rounds it has thru it . The rifling is still in really good shape. I forget where I read 1956. The serial is 700#. Thinning out my guns alittle bit and thought about letting this one go to get something else. Wasn't sure what kind of value it had.

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, please. But, what's the significance of the "3 screw"? I assume it has something to do wIth the 3 screws on the right side below the cylinder.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
              Forgive my ignorance, please. But, what's the significance of the "3 screw"? I assume it has something to do wIth the 3 screws on the right side below the cylinder.

They're the older models, not positive about blackhawks, but 3 screw single 6 didn't have the transfer bar like the 2 screws, just hammer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's the way to identify the old model Blackhawk I guess. It hasn't had the recall done. There is a recall to add a transfer bar to it .

Comment

Thnx fellas. Nice lookin' pistol, BTW. Bump for ya.

Comment

Working...
                  X