Jeep vs 4Runner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeep vs 4Runner

Looking to buy either a grand Cherokee of 4Runner. Probably gunna buy brand new. Looking for pros and cons for both. Not sure which one to go with.

One will last and hold value forever. The other not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
      One will last and hold value forever. The other not so much.
      Yep.... Guess which one will last...

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
        one will last and hold value forever. The other is a jeep.
        fify.

Comment

Jeeps hold their value really well.
          I am sure the Toyota will hold up better, but it's still a Toyota...
          A Honda motorcycle will last longer than a Harley, but guess which most prefer?

Comment

Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by Trkhunter View Post
              Looking to buy either a grand Cherokee of 4Runner. Probably gunna buy brand new. Looking for pros and cons for both. Not sure which one to go with.
              All depends on your needs. Kinda hard to ask folks to answer that question without any providing any info.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                Jeeps hold their value really well.
                I am sure the Toyota will hold up better, but it's still a Toyota...
                A Honda motorcycle will last longer than a Harley, but guess which most prefer?
                Originally posted by locknload View Post
                Rubicon
                He said Jeep Cherokee

Comment

This is more for my better half. She wants an suv and narrowed it down to these two. We might drive to it the ranch but most the time we take my truck so it doesn't have to be 4x4

Comment

Don't waste your time with Jeep. If you want reliability, durable, and solid all around vehicle you absolutely 100% go with Toyota. I am on a 2003 Toyota 4Runner with 228K on the clock and it runs brand new.

Comment

It really was a no brainer for us. Only mistake we made was not buying a limited 4Runner the first time. 2015 we bought a 4x4 premium package in the SR5 model. Turns out the wife really wanted a/c eather seats and all the extra goodies. Fast forward to 2016 to the day, we signed on a limited 4x4 and couldn't be happier. I know you are in Katy but I'd like you to contact my Toyota guy here in Corpus Christi if you choose Toyota. I would bet he'll get you the best deal you can find. Oh, and I drive a 99' 4Runner 4x4 with 236k miles, doesn't skip a beat in the mud or sand.
                      Last edited by stickman; 07-31-2016, 05:36 PM.

Comment

My wife drives a 2014 Grand Cherokee 4wd and it's by far the most comfortable vehicle I've driven long distances in and very capable. We drove to Deadwood, SD the first year with it after 24" of snow and last New Years, took it to Durango, CO through the worst winter storm in Decades. It's had some issues, mechanically the first 20k miles, but with 45k on it now, she drives well. I'll guarantee you it will outperform, out-handle and get better gas mileage than the 4Runner (v6 Jeep), but long-term reliability will be hard to Guage since the new GC'S have only been out a couple years. Best thing to do is test drive them both and see which one picks you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                          My wife drives a 2014 Grand Cherokee 4wd and it's by far the most comfortable vehicle I've driven long distances in and very capable. We drove to Deadwood, SD the first year with it after 24" of snow and last New Years, took it to Durango, CO through the worst winter storm in Decades. It's had some issues, mechanically the first 20k miles, but with 45k on it now, she drives well. I'll guarantee you it will outperform, out-handle and get better gas mileage than the 4Runner (v6 Jeep), but long-term reliability will be hard to Guage since the new GC'S have only been out a couple years. Best thing to do is test drive them both and see which one picks you.
                          My friend bought a 2014 4x4 GC for his wife and loves it. Has plenty of power and rides very well.

Comment

Toyota all the way. I've had 4. Will never buy another brand.

My wife had a 4 Runner. Great vehicle.

My son and DIL had a Jeep Grand Cherokee. They now have a Tacoma and a Tundra.

Comment

Yep, we were stuck between these two vehicles for my wife a few months ago. After a long thought we went with a grand Cherokee overland. Hands down most comfortable vehicle I've been in.

I like it so much I'm constantly considering trading my Tahoe for a hemi 4x4 GC and lifting it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X