Can't find Blackhawk Vapor Carbonwood 3000 arrows anywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find Blackhawk Vapor Carbonwood 3000 arrows anywhere

Guys, these arrows fly like darts from my 54# Red Wing Hunter recurve which I'm working hard on getting confident out to 30 yards so I can hunt traditional this year (I've already hung the compound up for one pig hunt and went with trad gear). I hate to have to change arrows, but I'm down to a half dozen.

I can not find them anywhere in CA, my local archery shop is calling thier last distributor they can check, 3 others do not have stock. Anybody know who may have 1 dozen (maybe 2 if they're this tough to find) shafts in stock I can mail a money order and have shipped to the left coast?

Thanks.

I just called Goldtip, and they said the Carbonwoods are a low volume seller, and they pushed production behind the high volume arrows. He claimed that shipments went out to Lancaster and Papes last week, I'll check before asking anybody to do legwork for me in TX.

Comment

I think they quit making them. I was shooting them in my recurve but have not been able to find them for about 8 months.

Comment

My supplier only has the 5000 and 2000. Does not look good. I will see what I can find.

Comment

I spoke with Lancaster Archery, they we shipped from the factory last Friday, and should arrive tomorrow. $64.99/dozen with nocks and inserts. I'm considering ordering 2 dozen so i don't have to do through this again in a year or 2 if they stop producing them.

Comment

Bill, are you stuck on Blackhawk Vapor Carbonwood 3000's ?

Blackhawk makes the vapor carbon shafts either plain black or the traditional woodtone. You can get virtually the same shaft from Archery Warehouse http://www.archerywarehouse.com/ except thay not painted the wood tone color. They're called Blackhawk Vapor 3000 and listed for $49.95 for shafts (includes nocks & inserts), $69.95 for arrows + $5.00 for feathers. I got some and I can't tell the difference in the way they fly from the painted carbonwoods.
            Al

Comment

Al,

Thanks. The local shop has my dozen in the mail to them from their distributor, and Jim figured I'd "want" a second dozen of the wood grained ones if he ordered them for me- so I did not have to go through this again next time. Let's see, 6 arrows left, 24 new shafts coming in, I should be good to go for some time with matching arrows.

BTW, I like to give the business to the local guy, he's charging me $60/dozen for the carbonwood shafts. I ordered some custom wraps from the folks in MO that I read about on TBH, black background with green flames and "Hunt Hard", and I'm planning to do either 3 black or 2 black and 1 red fletching, should look nice. I'll post.

Comment

Working...
              X