Priests on the loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Priests on the loose

As a Father of 3 girls and a Son, I cannot imagine what I would do in these types of situations. One of the most truly despicable acts an authority figure can perpetrate. Not just an authority figure, but a member of the Church as well.

Then for the Church to maneuver these predators, and suppress information is a disgrace.

Hundreds of priests were said to have molested more than 1,000 children — and possibly many more — since the 1940s, and senior church officials, including a man who is now the archbishop of Washington, D.C., allegedly covered up the abuse, according to a grand jury report released Tuesday.

I have heard that the vow of celibacy should be examined. Anything at this point, to help the Children of the future, should be reviewed.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Comment

It's disgusting what they did and what they church did to cover it up. There's nothing worse than harming a child.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        Then for the Church to maneuver these predators, and suppress information is a disgrace.
        I dont disagree.

But in an effort to understand your beliefs.

Anthony Weiner, Bill Clinton, Weinstein, the NFL, you do believe this exact behavior also happens outside of the church right?

Comment

It is a disgrace and isn't the first or will it be the last incident.

Comment

How long has this been going on? It has been making the news for 30 freaking years. And there has been no change or accountability.

Comment

The Church has been caught hiding this many times. It is disgusting. This happened in Australia not to long ago, but I believe the number was in the thousands. Truly despicable.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                I dont disagree.

Anthony Weiner, Bill Clinton, Weinstein, the NFL, you do believe this exact behavior also happens outside of the church right?
                Does that mean you can't be outraged by the church doing this? Also, there is quite a bit of difference between an international church that is supposed to spread the word of God and Christian values hiding the fact that many of it's local leaders are predators. The other groups you mentioned aren't exactly full of people we expect to be virtuous.
                Last edited by Clay C; 08-15-2018, 10:37 AM.

Comment

I stated it was a disgrace, so yes be outraged.

I dont really see the virtuous angle, I think that the groups I listed are in fact making this type of behavior easier and more normalized in society. From open boarders that make child smuggling easier, to open bathrooms, to how ever many genders we are being told there are now, to dude cheer leaders.

Comment

I dont disagree.

There is an expectation of morality from an institution that, well preaches virtues and morality. Sure it is just as harmful from seculars, but people hold the church at a higher level of accountability, as it should be!

Comment

I stated it was a disgrace, so yes be outraged.

I dont really see the virtuous angle, I think that the groups I listed are in fact making this type of behavior easier and more normalized in society. From open boarders that make child smuggling easier, to open bathrooms, to how ever many genders we are being told there are now, to dude cheer leaders.
                      The ideology behind a Church committing these acts, magnifies the actions even further in my opinion.

I dont know a lot of people who look to those other groups as a facet of life or belief and or guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                        The ideology behind a Church committing these acts, magnifies the actions even further in my opinion.

I dont know a lot of people who look to those other groups as a facet of life or belief and or guidance.
                        Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          There is an expectation of morality from an institution that, well preaches virtues and morality.
                          Preach and practice are two different things. It shouldn't be front page news that the Catholic Church has been and is currently not practicing what it preaches. Gasp, I know. I mean its called the Catholic hole for a reason.

The same I as dont like privileged Kap, or privileged Chris Long preaching about inequality. I am not going to listen to Olstean preach to me in a NBA area, turned (tax exempt) church, about being a selfless person while he lives in a mulit million dollar house, taking less fortunate peoples money.

Again, I dont really disagree with yalls sentiment. It just isnt shocking news to me. The Catholic Church owns something like 177 million acres of land. Olstean lives in a $10+ million dollar home, I dont think it is about virtues and morality anymor to somee.

I mean if we are going to look at the celibacy requirements of priests, does this open the Pandoras box of booty holes that is Islam?

Comment

Preach and practice are two different things. It shouldn't be front page news that the Catholic Church has been and is currently not practicing what it preaches. Gasp, I know. I mean its called the Catholic hole for a reason.

The same I as dont like privileged Kap, or privileged Chris Long preaching about inequality. I am not going to listen to Olstean preach to me in a NBA area, turned (tax exempt) church, about being a selfless person while he lives in a mulit million dollar house, taking less fortunate peoples money.

Again, I dont really disagree with yalls sentiment. It just isnt shocking news to me. The Catholic Church owns something like 177 million acres of land. Olstean lives in a $10+ million dollar home, I dont think it is about virtues and morality anymor to somee.

I mean if we are going to look at the celibacy requirements of priests, does this open the Pandoras box of booty holes that is Islam?

I don't think anyone is "shocked". This has been going on since before any of us were born. What is frustrating is the refusal to acknowledge it and continual support by the community.

Comment

Not liking a player who is privileged speaking, and the Catholic Church covering up for the rape and hiding of pedophiles seem like two different areas to me. I differentiate between the two.

The vast reach of these crimes that go unpunished, and have not been addressed for decades now is craziness. Something needs to change, and some sort of difference needs to be made.

Comment

Working...
                              X