Deer Camp Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
    now time for one of those 595 18 x 21 car port deals....a place to hang out when too much sun, or rain
    There will be some kind of porch/lean to added for sure!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	905952_prime_7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	24384911

Found a deal on this 2" rigid insulation so were planning on making it work. Anyone have experience working with this stuff? Should we just use liquid nails to attach to the inside of the sheet metal before putting up the interior walls?

Comment

Very cool.

Got any pics of the inside? Wonder what the roof/trusses look like? I've been in a few Morgan buildings that they bring to the rodeo, but they are already finished on the inside. Always figured I could build them myself. Did they use dimensional lumber for the framing or is it metal studs too?

Comment

Are there windows on the other side too? I am a big fan of the 2x framed bunks. you should be able to fit 4 bunks in there comfortably. The windows might present a problem, hard to tell from the pic. If there were no windows on the back, I'd probably have 2 bunks across the back wall (4 beds total) and then put a kitchen table top across the wall under the window next to the door.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
            Very cool.

Got any pics of the inside? Wonder what the roof/trusses look like? I've been in a few Morgan buildings that they bring to the rodeo, but they are already finished on the inside. Always figured I could build them myself. Did they use dimensional lumber for the framing or is it metal studs too?
            I will take some before we get started. It is framed with 2x4s on 24" centers

Are there windows on the other side too? I am a big fan of the 2x framed bunks. you should be able to fit 4 bunks in there comfortably. The windows might present a problem, hard to tell from the pic. If there were no windows on the back, I'd probably have 2 bunks across the back wall (4 beds total) and then put a kitchen table top across the wall under the window next to the door.
            No windows on the other side. Below is a quick sketch to give an idea of what we are planning but that's subject to change after we get started.

Name:	20150612_143839.jpg
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	24384915

Comment

This is what I was talking to.

The reason is 4 beds are better than 3. Unused bunks just become storage shelving for bags, bows, etc.

Stove at the window for drafting out the occasional smoke event. counter space on both sides with cabinets above them. The area in front of the door is just the "mud" area.

You can make a hole for the a/c there and keep the other end a window.

Comment

The other thing, and just my opinion again, I am not a big fan of using up interior space for a stove. If you are eventually going to put a porch, I'd just stick with an outdoor grill. That frees you up for putting in a closet rod to hand your clothes and some shelves, etc.

Comment

This is what I was talking to.

The reason is 4 beds are better than 3. Unused bunks just become storage shelving for bags, bows, etc.

Stove at the window for drafting out the occasional smoke event. counter space on both sides with cabinets above them. The area in front of the door is just the "mud" area.

You can make a hole for the a/c there and keep the other end a window.

I like the looks of this, something to consider for sure. Thanks

The other thing, and just my opinion again, I am not a big fan of using up interior space for a stove. If you are eventually going to put a porch, I'd just stick with an outdoor grill. That frees you up for putting in a closet rod to hand your clothes and some shelves, etc.
                  I know what you mean but it will be nice to have a place to cook biscuits and coffee(percolator) without going outside when its cold. Plus it will double as a heater to knock the chill off in the mornings.

Comment

On the rigid foam insulation, I've used it to insulate blinds. Since your outside sheathing is already in place, just cut it to fit in between the studs. DONT use regular liquid nails...you gotta get the foamboard specific glue or else it will eat the foam up. Cut the pieces to fit tight so they'll stick in there, or else you'll have to cut some "furring" strips and nail them to the studs to hold the insulation to the wall.

Comment

I would put the bunks at the end away from the door. Kitchen and sitting around front door and sleeping In the back. sleeping and eating areas or cold wet and dirty areas separate.And shelf s all over and around.

Comment

Got a little work done Saturday. Electric roughed in and insulation 90% complete. Would have finished the insulation but once we got going the we realized the corners weren't framed complete to allow finishing the interior. We didn't have any lumber with us so we will fix that, finish insulation and paneling on the next trip.

Name:	20150613_155209.jpg
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	24386555

Name:	20150613_155157.jpg
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	24386556

Comment

Lookin good, going to be nice.