Crawfish Boil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crawfish Boil

Im probably going to do a crawfish boil this weekend with some friends, Ive done 1 before and it turned out decent but i was wondering what little tips or things you like to do or throw in there to make em better

Originally posted by mjdillard22 View Post
    Im probably going to do a crawfish boil this weekend with some friends, Ive done 1 before and it turned out decent but i was wondering what little tips or things you like to do or throw in there to make em better
    Every crawfish boil that I have been invited to was a blast, so I think that by inviting me, you can ensure your guests will enjoy themselves

Horseshoes, washers, other yard games. Make sure you have plenty of chairs, keep music in the background but not so loud that everyone has to shout

Comment

You're fixing to get about 50 different answers

In ours we do
      taters and corn of course
      mushrooms
      onion
      artichoke
      sausage
      Whole head of cauliflower...dont do this until the very end when everything is done. It will suck up every bit of spice in the pot and be HOT!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
        You're fixing to get about 50 different answers

In ours we do
        taters and corn of course
        mushrooms
        onion
        artichoke
        sausage
        Whole head of cauliflower...dont do this until the very end when everything is done. It will suck up every bit of spice in the pot and be HOT!
        Lol. My Brussels sprouts were like biting into a road flare this weekend. It felt like there was some kind of chemical reaction going on.

Comment

you could always soak em in mustard

Comment

Sausage

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              Lol. My Brussels sprouts were like biting into a road flare this weekend. It felt like there was some kind of chemical reaction going on.
              Tried those once and you aint lying!

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
              you could always soak em in mustard
              Erp! Cant bring myself to do it

Comment

Sausage!

Comment

It's not about what you put in, it's about what you take out! Purge em' good and add the kitchen!

Comment

Originally posted by wisco-hunter View Post
                    It's not about what you put in, it's about what you take out! Purge em' good and add the kitchen!
                    not trying to be rude but purging is a myth unless you have them sitting in a tank with a continuous water flow with clean water for around 3 days.

Comment

Baby carrots
                      Asparagus

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
                        not trying to be rude but purging is a myth unless you have them sitting in a tank with a continuous water flow with clean water for around 3 days.
                        Yep. Just rinse em till the water runs clean and go for it. Thats as clean as your gonna get em at a back yard boil

Comment

We don't get crazy. The usual corn, potatos, links, and mushrooms is all we add.

Comment

Beer. Lots of ice cold beer. Everything else is irrelevant. Good times will follow.

Comment

Just boiled some up last weekend. I tried the recipe breezy had up here. Best bugs I have ever had. Search crawfish in around the campfire. Oh, and plenty of beer helps too.

Comment

Working...
                              X