D90 Battery Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D90 Battery Problem

I had my D90 out today taking pics at the Legacy 3D shoot and of course here comes the rain. Camera did not get soaked, but now my battery light flashes like it's dead? Please help..........

James

Feedback

Is everyone sleeping cause of the rain

Comment

I have no clue. I have never had that happen, but I haven't taken it in the rain either...
      Did you try calling them?

Comment

Have you tried another battery?

Comment

Couldn't give you any help, but I would give them (Nikon) or B & H a call and see what they tell you.

Comment

Turn the camera off, take the battery out, leave the battery door open, let it dry overnight.... then put a fresh battery in and try it ONLY if you're positive everything is 100% dry. If there's still a problem, then I'd call Nikon.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks yall. Just charged the battery again and put it in and now it's good so far. I did call Nikon before I started the thread. They said it had to be the battery and not the camera cause the battery light was flashing. Was really amazed that a battery is not covered in the warranty, but if I buy another battery it's got a warranty for a year Confused me as I have only had my D90 since February of this year.

James

Comment

Thanks

Yes, well I did not plan on the rain and was about a 1/4 mile away from my truck when it happened.

Originally posted by Hillybgigem View Post
                I have no clue. I have never had that happen, but I haven't taken it in the rain either...
                Did you try calling them?

Comment

Casey posted about a place where you can get really good quality camera batteries very inexpensively. I bought some of them and they've worked great. I wish I could remember the name of it. Maybe he'll chime in. It's a good idea to have a spare battery or two in the camera bag.

Comment

Thank You

Yes, was looking around on the web for some yesterday but skeptical after reading about some could ruin my camera. Hope he can chime in and give me some advice

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
                    Casey posted about a place where you can get really good quality camera batteries very inexpensively. I bought some of them and they've worked great. I wish I could remember the name of it. Maybe he'll chime in. It's a good idea to have a spare battery or two in the camera bag.

Comment

www.sterlingtek.com

I'm running two in addition to Canon batteries and can not tell the difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X