Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

62gr Speer Dot Gold.

Comment

I'd try out some 55 grain Softpoints and see how they'll do. I've shot hogs in the body with 55gr. V-Max and they ran off. If you're shooting them in the head you should do ok with just about anything. Having said that I shoot the same grain bullet in my .223's and there isn't a huge difference between a V-Max,HP or SP most of the time.

I sight in with one bullet typically a 55 grain. Then I'll shoot my go to bobcat bullet since I save hides which is a 52gr. bullet. I always count on it shooting a little higher. Then I might test a few different 55 grain bullets and maybe a 50 grain just so I'll get an idea of where everything is shooting just in case I run out of one and switch to another.

Comment

I like the Hornady 55gr soft points. Sold in 50 rounds red boxes, drops every critter I hit with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks for all the information.

Wasn't able to call in any coyotes. It was so hot that we didn't get to see but one Javi and it snuck up behind us when calling and couldn't get a shot.

So didn't get to test any the ammo out this past weekend.

Comment

70 gr TSX is hands down my favorite hunting load. First hand experience with it punching straight through hog armor and deer.

Comment

These are good and are pretty cheap (around $25 for 50) at academy.
              Have also had good luck with the Hornady American whitetails

Originally posted by bmac View Post
              I like the Hornady 55gr soft points. Sold in 50 rounds red boxes, drops every critter I hit with it.

Comment

These kill everything!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post

This is what I use.

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson05 View Post
                    70 gr TSX is hands down my favorite hunting load. First hand experience with it punching straight through hog armor and deer.
                    No doubt that is a solid hunting round, but that 1-12 twist likely won’t be able to stabilize a round that heavy

Comment

I shoot Ultramax ammunition. You can find it with a variety of different bullets loaded and they're half the price of Hornady.

Comment

Working...
                      X