X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4-5
    135-140

Comment

Appreciate all the input! Garguy, where do you have him age wise? Part of me says 4. Another part of me says 5. I haven’t had a deer stump me like this in a while. He’s not on the hitlist but just curious. First year on this place we picked up to have something closer to the house for those mid week hunts that we can make happen when we don’t have enough time to go to Mexico for a few days.

Again thank you everyone who have chimed in. Much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        I agree. the day pics show him better. His 2s and 3s are almost identical in length. i wonder if the 3s grew some between the times.

edit... i guess not. looks like the day pics are earlier than he night pics..
        Between this buck and the East Tx score thread buck they score about the same. Some BIG 8s this year all throughout Tx. I've got a couple on cam and hope to get my hands on both. One for me and the other for my wife.
        Last edited by Antlers86; 08-15-2018, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shunter14 View Post
          Appreciate all the input! Garguy, where do you have him age wise? Part of me says 4. Another part of me says 5. I haven’t had a deer stump me like this in a while. He’s not on the hitlist but just curious. First year on this place we picked up to have something closer to the house for those mid week hunts that we can make happen when we don’t have enough time to go to Mexico for a few days.

Again thank you everyone who have chimed in. Much appreciated
          I know you asked for Steve's opinion. If you look at the brisket in your second daylight pic it's well developed. Easily a 5 yr old IMO. Part of me says he could be 6.

Nice brisket, short legs, See what Steve has to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
            I know you asked for Steve's opinion. If you look at the brisket in your second daylight pic it's well developed. Easily a 5 yr old IMO. Part of me says he could be 6.

I think he is six but if there is one thing i have learned from running east tx cameras its that I SUCK at aging deer with great confidence without history. his is shaping up to be a dream year for me though a i have known age on a mature crop!.

Comment

Very nice buck...He looks real good.
              Bet he’ll look his age more in person and that rack is going to look awesome as he’s walking around.

Cool buck.

Comment

Minimum 5. Young deer can't and don't have briskets.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  Minimum 5. Young deer can't and don't have briskets.

Yep and he will look seven in november. I realize how hard this game is.. i once thought I was great at it and would just be positive of a deers age from a few pics. Now after hundreds of thousands of pics and much history i realize how foolish i was. I checked a camera yester day and had a buck on the card that i know well. he was definately four last year. That sucker looks seven or eight this year at a known FIVE. if i didnt have positive history, he would be a dead deer walking this year.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    Yep and he will look seven in november. I realize how hard this game is.. i once thought I was great at it and would just be positive of a deers age from a few pics. Now after hundreds of thousands of pics and much history i realize how foolish i was. I checked a camera yester day and had a buck on the card that i know well. he was definately four last year. That sucker looks seven or eight this year at a known FIVE. if i didnt have positive history, he would be a dead deer walking this year.
                    Absolutely impossible to know a deer's age unless you have history.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post

I’m not a snob my friend! I like all input and thoughts. No ones opinion about him is a bad opinion. I do appreciate your insight. You make great points

Comment

6.5 142

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2881.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	24550527

Here is one from last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment