Home Depot UTVs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Depot UTVs

Many Home Depot’s sell a 500 and 700cc UTV. I’ve seeen them in front of several stores. They are usually Coleman or Vector brand. Just wondering if anyone owns one or knows someone who does and what they think of them.

My in-laws bought one a few years ago. The one they bought was labeled as a Landmaster but I think they are all built by American Sportworks. The one they had was a 400cc with a Honda engine. It was rough riding thanks in part to the quad rear shocks/springs that are preload adjustable. I had to swap the headlights out for LED bulbs as the charging system is pretty small and it would drain the battery if it was left at idle too long with the headlights on.

However, when it came to hauling stuff, it could handle a decent amount of weight. The dump bed was also a really nice feature. They have a good amount of ground clearance as well. For having such a small motor it gets up and goes pretty good, but they do have a pretty low top speed of about 25 mph. Don’t expect it to outwork a mule or a gator but for the price they are a decent entry level UTV.

Comment

My father in law looked at an off brand in hearne that was sold at a dealer. You could just tell the quality wasn’t there. Even bigger issue with the Home Depot ones will be getting parts. Gator, razor etc you walk into a dealer and order what you need. Not worth it to me, buy a used name brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
        My father in law looked at an off brand in hearne that was sold at a dealer. You could just tell the quality wasn’t there. Even bigger issue with the Home Depot ones will be getting parts. Gator, razor etc you walk into a dealer and order what you need. Not worth it to me, buy a used name brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that was at the Chevy dealer on the north side of town then that was a Kymco. They are equivalent to Hyundai of the car world. The ones you get from Home Depot are equivalent to Yugo of the car world. They are cheap and will get the job done as long as they are not pushed or worked hard.

Comment

It wouldn’t be pushed or worked too hard, just filling feeders and getting around the deer lease.

Comment

Says they are Vector
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
              It wouldn’t be pushed or worked too hard, just filling feeders and getting around the deer lease.
              If this is all you are using it for I would say that it is worth the money. My dad bought a Kymco, as mentioned above and he has had that thing going on 9-10 years and it is still going strong.

Comment

Here are the Coleman’s. Not sure which may be better.
                Attached Files

Comment

for another grand added to the price of that 700 you could get a name brand. As far as the 500 goes I know Polaris makes a smaller ranger and Honda has the pioneer 500 for not much more than that and they don't have plastic bumpers

Comment

at that price point I'd look at these

Comment

Originally posted by bowsticker View Post
                      If this is all you are using it for I would say that it is worth the money. My dad bought a Kymco, as mentioned above and he has had that thing going on 9-10 years and it is still going strong.
                      Kymco's are clones of the Yamaha. At least that's what I saw comparing them side by side to one another at Texas Motor Sports in LaMarque.

Comment

Home Depot UTVs

My dad bought one a few years ago when they first came out and his has the Subaru engine. For what he uses it for on our 100 acres it’s fine. Never had any engine problems but it’s definitely not the fastest or strongest. We mainly just use it to putt around and fill feeders etc. Its definitely not on the same level as the name brands but we don’t need that

Comment

For that kind of money, I’d rather buy a nice used big name brand that I know will last

Comment

I went to look at a lease one day and road around with the land owner who had one. About two minutes into the ride a huge stick came through the floor and hit the crap out of my leg. Thought I broke it. lol after that, i would not even think about getting one. You could get a good used higher end one for the same price.

Comment

For that money I would go with a name brand. Everythiing breaks at some point, and parts will be an issue with off brands long term.

May find some 17s with rebates as low as what you are looking at.

Comment

Working...
                              X