They pulled a Keyser Soze on me....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They pulled a Keyser Soze on me....?

OK - these critters got me... Been throwing 50# of corn out in front of camera in a clearing every week or so and coming back to it being cleaned up with a ton of pics of deer, hogs, coyotes, rabbits, crows, raccoons, squirrels and an armadillo. Included in the mix were 3 or 4 good mature bucks. As of two weeks ago - poof, they were gone... NADA. Still getting does and hogs but the mature bucks have literally been replaced with young spikes, 4s and 6s. I don't believe any of my neighbors are hunting so what gives - where did they go...?

No significant weather changes although tomorrow we may see the first rains in forever.....! Any thoughts on what might have happened?

Check the oak trees for acorns falling. Mature deer may also be cruising if approaching pre rut.

Comment

You are just north of me...What is occurring on our place right now is lots of buck movement due to rut heating up, acorns falling, and lots of folks in the woods turning on feeders, planting, and generally making a ruckus. Likely your bucks are still around but are now frequenting scrapes and doing a bit more traveling around. I have all my cameras on pinch points and scrapes and I am seeing more bucks now, not less. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X