Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do with leftover pinto beans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add them to some taco meat. Mix up one package of cornbread mix and spread in an 8" spring form pan. Put the taco meat and bean mix on top of the cornbread mix. Add a layer of shredded cheese. Carefully top with another batch of cornbread. Bake about 40 min.

Comment

Those are good iedeas. I just put them in a freezer bag and freeze them. That way I can heat them up if I'm in need of a quick meal.

Comment

Ron: I failed to ask you the other day, do you have a garden?

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
          Add them to some taco meat. Mix up one package of cornbread mix and spread in an 8" spring form pan. Put the taco meat and bean mix on top of the cornbread mix. Add a layer of shredded cheese. Carefully top with another batch of cornbread. Bake about 40 min.
          This is a great idea - thanks, Deb
          Dusty makes the BEST pinto beans, using ham and jalapenos and we usually just freeze the leftovers. Might not be the best kind to use in YOUR recipe, but maybe we could just omit the taco meat since his beans are pretty much an all-in-one meal.

Comment

refried beans done in bacon grease mixed with scrambled eggs n minced jalepenoes n onions for breakfast tacitos ,sounds purdy sexy to me....

Comment

Fideo Ole'

I love making Fideo and adding the day ol beans!!!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by M-2 View Post
                This is a great idea - thanks, Deb
                Dusty makes the BEST pinto beans, using ham and jalapenos and we usually just freeze the leftovers. Might not be the best kind to use in YOUR recipe, but maybe we could just omit the taco meat since his beans are pretty much an all-in-one meal.
                That should work good.

Comment

Have you ever heard of mexican food or beans and cornbread?

Comment

Working...
                  X