Official 2019 Astros World Series thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official 2019 Astros World Series thread

Another reason the Rendon for Correa pipe dream is not going to work. Especially with a team against the cap already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I heard a trade rumor that is a little more feasible and makes sense because of the age. Reddick and Tucker for mookie Betts with one year left. With the intent to sign him to a long term deal. This means moving on from Springer and/or Correa

Comment

Saw that on reddit too.
        ..the name whitley was thrown around too... and thats just stupid.
        Springer is not going anywhere.
        You guys start the springer **** every off season
        Last edited by systemnt; 11-08-2019, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          Saw that on reddit too.
          ..the name whitley was thrown around too... and thats just stupid.
          Springer is not going anywhere.
          You guys start the springer **** every off season

I’m not starting **** on Springer but it’s certainly a possiblity with his age and money that he will demand. I’m hoping they sign him to 3-4 year extension vs moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

Another reason the Rendon for Correa pipe dream is not going to work. Especially with a team against the cap already

I get that Rendon isnt coming here but the key stat on that is per game. Correa is great......when healthy which isnt often. Just think how this team could have rested its key players down the stretch had he been healthy most of the year. They wouldnt have been using everyone up chasing home field advantage into the last week of the season. The nickname Bubblewrap is perfect for him. There is no disputing his talent but it is useless when he spends so much time on the IL. I have thought before about how many more wins this team might have had with a healthy Correa all year. 107 wins was incredible but they might have scared the Mariners record of 116 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              I get that Rendon isnt coming here but the key stat on that is per game. Correa is great......when healthy which isnt often. Just think how this team could have rested its key players down the stretch had he been healthy most of the year. They wouldnt have been using everyone up chasing home field advantage into the last week of the season. The nickname Bubblewrap is perfect for him. There is no disputing his talent but it is useless when he spends so much time on the IL. I have thought before about how many more wins this team might have had with a healthy Correa all year. 107 wins was incredible but they might have scared the Mariners record of 116 wins.

Micheal Brantley was hurt a ton early in his career. I guess everyone should have given up on him as well. Yes Correa gets hurt but the value of him for 100 games or 162 is still upper echelon. That’s all I’m pointing out. Grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

Comment

I just ran across this, not sure how I missed it as big of a junkie as I am. Rosters will increase to 26 next year for both the regular season and post season. Teams are going to have a lot more flexibility in what they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  I just ran across this, not sure how I missed it as big of a junkie as I am. Rosters will increase to 26 next year for both the regular season and post season. Teams are going to have a lot more flexibility in what they are doing.
                  Believe its because of the relief pitcher rule of minimum 3 batters..

Comment

Uhh oh...

The Houston Astros were accused in a bombshell story Tuesday of running an elaborate scheme in 2017 that allowed them to steal an opposing catcher’s signs and relay information about when an off-speed pitch was coming.

Comment

If you ain't cheating you ain't trying

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post

Hahahahahahahah wow!!!

I wonder how many Astros fans badmouthed the Patriots, Bellicheck and Brady

#cameragate #trashcangate

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Hahahahahahahah wow!!!

I wonder how many Astros fans badmouthed the Patriots, Bellicheck and Brady

#cameragate #trashcangate
                          It's kinda nice to be the hated team for a change we've never been good enough for long enough to have folks dissecting everything. It just sucks to know that the Astros are the only team in MLB who was doing thi...oh wait

Comment

Fake news

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                                It's kinda nice to be the hated team for a change we've never been good enough for long enough to have folks dissecting everything. It just sucks to know that the Astros are the only team in MLB who was doing thi...oh wait
                                Ton of truth in this post. If your good enough for long enough someone somewhere will find something on you. Not that big of a deal to me personally. Who knows how much sign stealing is really going on. Only thing for sure is it’s more than we know about. It will be interesting to see how the stros bats do next year though.

Comment

Working...
                                X