Trophy Importers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trophy Importers

Headed to Africa this September and still trying to finalize who I want to use on the import side. What says the green screen?

No big five the only “problem child” could be a warthog euro.

I have talked to Safari specialty importers, Coppersmith and Well worldwide.

Really liked SSI as they handle export and import but they only want to ship my crate to a USDA licensed facility my taxi is not one so I really want the crate shipped to me. Both coppersmiths and we’ll have no problem with this.

Anyone care to share there preferences and experience

Trophy Importers

I’ve used Coppersmith Global Logistics 4 times with zero hitches. They have a department just for clearing hunting trophies. When I go back again, I will use them for my 5th trip!

As far as the crate going to a USDA approved facility, it depends on the animals you have. If you have a cities animal, there is no getting around it. There is a place in Dallas called Flagg Group Taxidermy that Coppersmith can send your crate to that is USDA approved, and will clear items that have to be done that way.

Shipping is too high nowadays. It would be very expensive to have your crate trucked from Dallas to Kerrville. I have driven to Dallas and picked my crate up from Coppersmith once they notified me that it was cleared every time except for the first trip.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Bisch; 06-27-2018, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Why would a Warthog Euro be considered a "problem child"? Inquiring minds want to know.......

Comment

Last edited by Bisch; 06-27-2018, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Any unfinished swine as I read it means dip pack hide has to go to a USDA facility as I understand it different individuals have a different take on if a euroed skull is a “finished” product or not. Two different government employees will give you three different answers

Thanks Bish I will call Coppersmith again tommorow and discuss that option. Who did you use for export out of africa

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
            Why would a Warthog Euro be considered a "problem child"? Inquiring minds want to know.......
            Warthogs have to be redipped once they get here, and that can only be done thru a USDA approved facility.

Bisch

Comment

Euros are considered finished if they are mounted on a plaque. Not finished if not mounted on a plaque. Also, on a warthog, if you have it mounted over there, it is considered finished and does not need to go to a USDA facility. After a taxidermy nightmare I had by getting my animals done over there on my first trip, I’ll never make that mistake again!!!

Bisch

Comment

I am using Safari Specialty, all my animals are just dip and pack. Nothing is finished. Crate will be going to Dallas to be picked up by taxidermist, Erik with Top of Texas Taxidermy who is USDA approved to receive it

Comment

All of ours will be dip pack as well I only thought about having the warthog euro done over there to avoid USDA on this end making it a finished product.

I have done a lot of research on the Texas based Taxidermist’s that are on USDA list just like my guys work better than the ones near me
                  Last edited by Austin; 06-27-2018, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Well world wide shipped mine to Texas Best Stretch, I picked it up there and took it to my local taxidermist

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                      All swine species and primates are a pain.. It's a CDC thing.. USDA too best I recall.. Havent cleared a crate in a few years.

WELL is who I always used without any issues.. Talk to Lynette..

Comment

Trophy Importers

You don’t have to have the USDA place do the mount! All they have to do is redip the warthog. I shot a big warthog in 2015. Coppersmith advised me that it had to go to a USDA approved facility to be redipped. My whole crate went to Flagg Group in Dallas. They redipped the warthog, charged me $95, and released everything. It was really no problem at all. Just an extra step in the process.

Bisch

Comment

Bisch thank you that is exactly the type of insight I was looking for I will call the Flagg group tomorrow and see what they will charge to receive and process my warthog then release the crate

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                            Bisch thank you that is exactly the type of insight I was looking for I will call the Flagg group tomorrow and see what they will charge to receive and process my warthog then release the crate

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                              If you will be getting your trophies mounted your skins will need to go to a tannery.. Major tanneries are USDA certified.. The broker you chose can ship your crate directly to the tannery... "Houston Fur Dressers" is a good one for African skins..

Comment

Working...
                              X