Hagerman Archery Qualifier, Saturday 23 June, Cinnamon Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagerman Archery Qualifier, Saturday 23 June, Cinnamon Creek

Hagerman Archery Qualifier, Cinnamon Creek Archery (CCR) Saturday 23 June 2018

Start time 0900am (sharp!). Address- 13794 Old Denton Rd., Roanoke, TX 76262.

Qualifier will be setup by the CCR staff, range personnel will be CCR staff, Texas Parks and Wildlife Bowhunter Education Instructors, and possibly Hagerman NWR staff.

Proposed agenda:
    0845/0900 am check in and fee at new Event Center. Registration/payment fee- $25.00 for the qualifier. Note- the $25 fee entitles you to use the range for the day.

0900am start with brief introductions and overview of the qualifier format. The event will get started either in the Event Center or under the large pavilion adjacent to the Event Center/ processing facility.

We’ll split into groups, one range official and 3-5 shooters per group. Hopefully shooting just prior to 0930/1000am.

14-15 targets, modified ASA/IBO rules. Passing will be 80% on 0-5-8-10 scoring. Compound/crossbow maximum range 30 yards, Recurve/longbow maximum range 20 yards. No broadheads.

Scorecards will be annotated with bow type used. As a reminder, per the Hagerman NWR rules, crossbows are allowed only for disabled hunters and waivers must be approved by NWR staff. i.e. qualify with the type of bow you plan on using for your hunt.

It’s suggested each participant bring water, sunscreen, insect repellant, etc. Range finders and binoculars are allowed and encouraged.

After the qualifier (@ 11:00am) we’ll finish up the paperwork and allow some time for Hagerman staff to provide an overview of the hunting program, coverage of rules, and Q/A. I don't have a firm commitment from the Hagerman staff at this time, I'm hopeful they can attend. If not, you can listen to WCB tell his big buck story.

In the event that someone needs a second try on the qualifier, we can go another round after lunch/Hagerman overview. It’s also possible we will need a second round to provide the range staff/volunteers an opportunity to qualify.

I would like a count of attendees by 18 June to ensure we have enough staff, PM/ email DHL-Archery@sbcglobal.net or cell- 817-223-2839 for questions.

If you cannot make the 23 June qualifier, CCR can provide qualifications on other dates/times. Please call the Pro Shop/Event Center to schedule your qualifier. CCR 817-439-8998 and follow the prompts.

Hope to see you there, good luck, and good draws boys and girls!

I hope I get to attend!

Comment

Anyone can come shoot with us, we don't chose favorites, we poke fun at all shooters.

Comment

Draw day bump.

Comment

Sounds like a good time. Hoping the best for all "worthy" applicants (including me and my buddy of course!).

What time is the draw today?

Comment

So to hunt Hagerman, you need to have a BHE card AND pass a proficiency test? Do you have to take the proficiency test every year?

Comment

Proficiency only if drawn. You send in your scorecard and your cash before the deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                Proficiency only if drawn. You send in your scorecard and your cash before the deadline.
                Thanks

Comment

This is great that you guys put this on.

Comment

Sounds like a good time

Comment

Thanks CrossTimbers, to me it's actually a good time, plus we get to return a favor to CCR for allowing us to use their facility for BowHunter Ed courses.

There are less costly and quicker ways to shoot a qualifier, but we usually have a Hagerman Ranger rep to overview the hunt for new hunters, you get to sit through my boring overview, and listen to the latest rendition of WCBs "big buck" story. What more can you ask for?

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                        , you get to sit through my boring overview, and listen to the latest rendition of WCBs "big buck" story. What more can you ask for?
                        Not to hear WCB’s story???

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          Not to hear WCB’s story???
                          Haha

Comment

Hopefully I will have a reason to take this.

Comment

Sunday bump and hope to see my preference point tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                              X