Pagoso springs, Co in June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pagoso springs, Co in June

Us and another couple are going in June. Is there plenty to do with 5 kids, 12 and under?

Public fishing, shopping, eating, etc?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

We went in December but there wasn't any snow till the last day. We had a blast. Cool area for sure. A few short nature trails that will kill some energy for the kids and pretty views.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

We go almost every year in July. I have been the first week of June and it got pretty cold at night.

The kids need to fish in the fishing pond on the east side of town. It is excellent for kids.

There are some great rivers to fly fish.

The hot springs are really cool. We haven't been in years, but the kids loved it.

We always ate at the place we call the Malt Shop. I don't know why or what it is really called. It is on the side of the bridge (north side of the road). It is a ice cream/burger joint.

Eco Lake just south of town was cool.

Tube the river through town!!!!!!!!

Comment

train to silverton
        durango is a cool place to visit

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
          We go almost every year in July. I have been the first week of June and it got pretty cold at night.

The kids need to fish in the fishing pond on the east side of town. It is excellent for kids.

There are some great rivers to fly fish.

The hot springs are really cool. We haven't been in years, but the kids loved it.

We always ate at the place we call the Malt Shop. I don't know why or what it is really called. It is on the side of the bridge (north side of the road). It is a ice cream/burger joint.

Eco Lake just south of town was cool.

Tube the river through town!!!!!!!!
          It’s still called the Malt Shoppe. Pretty good place to take the kids. I highly suggest Riff Raff Brewing, but it may be difficult to make happen with kids in tow. Small tight seating, but excellent food. The Springs will definitely entertain the kids, as well as the Mrs, but don’t forget to load your wallet. It’s pricey. I think it ran my fiancée and me about $110 for entrance only for the evening. Drinks made it considerably more.

I usually spend a week every summer in Pagosa. Most of my time is spent trail riding on our side by sides or fly fishing. We usually rent a cabin near the river that will sleep 12. We have a good time, and try not to go into town too often but to eat at a few of our favorites. Don’t forget that Durango is just an hour due west of Pagosa, and has a more to do in town. Try to make it over there at least one day.

Comment

Tagged

I'm taking my family in June also. We are hauling our side by side and motorcycles planning to ride some trails, hike and fish.

Comment

We go there every summer for a week in July to fly fish. I believe there is at least one other thread about Pagosa and what to do there. My goal is to own a cabin there and spend the summers living there. It is truly God's country.

Comment

Drive up into the San Juan forest, and hike the Piedra Falls trail. Absolutely gorgeous trail, and a blast with the kids. We have a yearly summer visit in July every year along with every other winter. Take a drive up in the San Juan to Williams Creek Reservoir...some beautiful country

For food, we always go to The Lost Cajun, Ramon's Mexican Restaurant, Farrago's, and Tavern Le Bouef. Staying 2 weeks we spread those out to let the kids enjoy a break from the house/mountain cooking.

Also, hit up the Ace Hardware if you want to see what a real Ace is like They have some cool stuff in there

Comment

Williams Lake/Creek - a must
                  Four Mile Falls
                  Treasure Falls
                  Raft

I go to the Ace Hardware on the westside of town and ask around about the fishing. they're helpful

Comment

TxDispatcher beat me to the punch.

Comment

Will be heading just over the pass in South Fork in June. We will be hiking, fishing, riding the ranger, scouting for elk, white water rafting, and may go over the pass to hang out in PAgosa. Plenty to do there.

Comment

If you PM me your email I will send you everything we did. I know a guy that summers there and the info I will give you is what he gave me. We also did a trail ride, guided fly fishing trip ( a lot of the water is private and I never fly fished before), side x side rentals, hikes, tubing through town and a lot of relaxing. My kids were 7 and 10 at the time and had no problem handling what we did. According to the waitress we asked, we were there during the peak season the week of July 4th. We rarely waited 15 mins at the joints in town to eat. We went two years ago.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. We are booked and ready to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely pay the money & do the springs at the facility that’s along the river, visit & hike the springs as mentioned above, rent tubes & float the river in town, play frisbee golf in hills behind the river, there’s plenty of little eating places & bars, rent a paddleboard & take to local lakes, rent bikes & hit the local trails & drive around each evening looking for the giant mule deer that roam inside the city limits

Comment

rent a boat on Navajo lake kids can swim and tube or wakeboard and you can catch some smallmouth there and at some of the lakes on the golf course

Comment

Working...
                              X