Kenmore appliances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenmore appliances

I am about to purchase a new gas range and microwave oven for my kitchen. I, torn between a GE and Kenmore. I’ve read hours of reviews. Would the problems Sears has been having push you towards another brand? Just thought i would come to the green screen to see what you guys thought.

Most of the Kenmore stuff is Frigidaire. Kenmore was good when it was whirlpool. Look on the internet and find a cross reference of Kenmore model numbers. The first three digits denote manufacturer. Frigidaire is the cheapest quality appliance you can buy.

Comment

I just purchased a GE gas stove/oven from Sears at Christmas. A lot of other places sell GE, but we found one at a scratch and dent in California for half the price.

Comment

Like said above, Kemnore was good, but not so much today. I purchased a washer/dryer, fridge and freezer in 1973. Still have the freezer sitting and working in my garage and the others lasted over 30 years before being replaced. Now with most appliances not so much. I would go with GE if it were me.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
          Most of the Kenmore stuff is Frigidaire. Kenmore was good when it was whirlpool. Look on the internet and find a cross reference of Kenmore model numbers. The first three digits denote manufacturer. Frigidaire is the cheapest quality appliance you can buy.
          Do this. We had a Kenmore Elite fridge that was mortally wounded by Harvey. Found out it was made by Amana.

Comment

Whoever gives Sears the best price to manufacture gets the privilege of using the Kenmore badge.

Unless things have changed I would go with Whirlpool over GE. In all my years of building I had 99.9% satisfaction with WP. When clients wanted to use GE there was always warranty requests.

Comment

Don't buy at sears, the extended 5 year warranty is 1/3 the price at lowes

Comment

We had GE appliances in PA and loved them. A friend worked there and we got a great discount. This house had a Kenmore range and dishwasher in it when we bought it last year. Both were new and both are junk. Half the time the dishwasher doesn't open the soap dispenser or runs twice as long as it should. The oven takes a LONG time to heat up and the temps are way off. It's hard to bake something when you don't know if the oven will be 350 or 325 that day lol. We verified this with an oven thermometer. They are getting replaced sooner rather than later. We have a Frigidaire refrigerator and surprisingly it has been great, considering they make a lot of Kenmore stuff. So I think it's hit or miss with them.

Comment

Kenmoore/Sears is going belly up. Lots of stores closing. I am not sure if that plays in your purchase. Best of luck

Comment

We used to buy Kenmore exclusively. But problems getting parts and support for older appliances has changed that for us.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Call your local appliance repair guy and ask him which ones they are always working on and then stay away from them.

As stated above, Kenmore now does not equal Kenmore back in the day. On a side note, the wife purchased a Frigidaire fridge and that dang thing is very loud, plus I cant get cold water from it.

Comment

We went with Kenmore Elite. Less than 2 years later we learned they were made by LG and some parts were already unavailable.

Comment

Do research on the appliance forums. Most will recommend you stay away from electronic controls also.

Comment

Thanks I'll look into what you guys have said. I appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                              Don't buy at sears, the extended 5 year warranty is 1/3 the price at lowes
                              This, we bought Whirpool oven, dishwasher, fridge and microwave at lowes, simply because the warranty was 1/3 the price for the same/better coverage. Pricing was nearly the same if not a bit cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                              X