Anyone skydive??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone skydive??

I"m 65+ and my daughter wants me to go skydiving with her. I have to say I'm excited about going for it. It would be a tandem jump. I want to know if anyone else has done it?

I'll never do it, but my wife's grandmother did it for her 80th birthday. If she can do it, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Comment

Why jump out of a perfectly good aircraft?

Comment

Yep I did a few years ago on a trip to Vegas but I was 33 at the time. Lots of fun and well worth the money.

Comment

I have done it once with my son and a bunch of his friends. It was the scariest thing I have ever done, but I'm glad I did it. I won't be jumping out of any more perfectly good airplanes though!

Bisch

Comment

My daughter wants to go. I'll go with her when she turns 18

Comment

I've done it, it was a blast. I'll definitely do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Only about 300 times. Skydive Dallas is worth the drive - it's much more enjoyable jumping out of a larger aircraft. Bring a lawn chair and stick around afterwards and watch the regulars land.

Comment

I've done it when my sister turned 40, I loved it, she was scared ****less. It was awesome, I would go back and do it again.

Comment

Made a tandem jump. Very exhilarating!

Several things that were surprising about it: had to sign a release because tandem equipment was considered "experimental"; didn't really experience falling sensation upon exit from plane (due to continuing forward momentum of plane -- the way a bomb has to be released well short of intended target); also, it was quite chilly at 13,000 feet elevation during freefall (even though ground temp was over 90).

Did jump for a feature story, and won an award for the piece, titled: "You realize this is dangerous..." Rest of the quote -- in the body of the story was -- "and you could die."

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                      Why jump out of a perfectly good aircraft?
                      There is no such thing....

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
                        I"m 65+ and my daughter wants me to go skydiving with her. I have to say I'm excited about going for it. It would be a tandem jump. I want to know if anyone else has done it?
                        Pay the extra for the video. It's worth it.

Comment

Anyone skydive??

When my granddaughter turned 18, the skydiving release,was her first official document to sign and I always thought about it. We did and are planning to jump again when she turns 21. I'm just 46 years older than her.
                          Yes to pics and videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Drive by sky dive Dallas on my way to East Texas all the time.

Going to do it someday

Comment

I did twice, Once because I wanted to, the second was because the wife wanted to, but I had to go up with her. It was fun, the guy let me control the decent on the second jump. It is not something that was so much fun I want to do it again, but it was fun. I guess it was more of a bucket list thing for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X