On Site Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Site Camera

Just to let you know a neat trick I did.

I was in Verizon store upgrading to a 6 and they were giving away free MiFi's (wireless hotspots). I declined. Then I got to thinking. Free.... well $20 extra a month for the service (no contract) +10gb of data free for a year. HUMMMMMM.... then walking around even more I saw a little Belkin WiFi Camera. Know where I'm headed? We are starting to build a house at our Ranch and Construction Cameras are high as hell. So what I did was....

1 Plano plastic Ammo can.

1 Welding hood clear lens.

1 Verizon MiFi http://www.verizonwireless.com/inter...ot-mifi-5510l/

1 Belkin WiFi Camera http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F7D7601/

1 10 foot extension cord.

And some Silicone.

Cut a hole for the camera and cover with welding lens and silicone. Set the camera and MiFi in there, plug it in and your good to go. I mounted it on the T-Pole. I drilled a small hole the size of the cord then put the plug back on.

After the House is finished I'm gonna put a power inverter in it and hook it up to a Deep Cycle Battery with a solar panel and put it on my duck hole and deer feeder. Wanted to let ya'll know.

Here is a Picture of the Live Feed.
    Attached Files

Absolutely brilliant !

Comment

Originally posted by TWOHunter View Post
      Absolutely brilliant !
      Thanks

Comment

Good idea. My question is about the 10gb. That's 10 gigs for the entire year? If so, I'd be concerned about going over too quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamshire View Post
          Good idea. My question is about the 10gb. That's 10 gigs for the entire year? If so, I'd be concerned about going over too quickly.
          10 Extra Gig a month. We already have 20 so that makes 30 and we don't come close to using that. It only uses data when you get on the app and look at it. Other times it just sits idle.

Comment

So far. This billing cycle (starts on the 20th). I have prolly looked at the camera 2-3 times a day for about a minute each and it has used .138gb of 30. So I'm good. You would have to just stare at it all day to really get into the usage.

Comment

Smart

That's a really good idea. I might have to consider doing this. Can you get us some pics of actual camera in your fabricated case?

Pablo

Comment

Good move

Comment

Well played.

Comment

Working...
                  X