Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blacktail1 View Post
    Has anyone experienced vandalism to hunting gear at Lake Georgetown? This is my first time deer hunting on public land/Lake Georgetown. Went out today to put out corn and someone had cut the bottom1-2ft off of my tent blind. I'll patch it up, but glad I never put out a feeder or game cam-I'm sure they would have been damaged as well. I'll go out daily now to check it out, so I'm sure to still have a blind on Saturday morning
    That really stinks!! Does it look like somone cut it or you think that something could have caused it. This thread is about two years old and not much said about vandalism but again can't be ruled out.

Be careful checking you set up daily. Scent control comes to mind.

Comment

Yep, rubber boots and scentlok coverage will become part of the routine now-also concerned with scent of patch material for the blind. It was cleary cut out with a blade of some kind on 3 sides and a rope securing the top was cut and thrown aside.

Comment

Originally posted by Blacktail1 View Post
        Has anyone experienced vandalism to hunting gear at Lake Georgetown? This is my first time deer hunting on public land/Lake Georgetown. Went out today to put out corn and someone had cut the bottom1-2ft off of my tent blind. I'll patch it up, but glad I never put out a feeder or game cam-I'm sure they would have been damaged as well. I'll go out daily now to check it out, so I'm sure to still have a blind on Saturday morning
        I heard some stories, one of which someone slashed the tires of hunters mountain bikes. Not cool. What area are you set up in? So others can be on the lookout

Comment

Lucky #13

Comment

weather report for Saturday is 40% chance of rain...

Comment

Originally posted by SMOOTHboar View Post
              Opening day... There is a trail run around Lake Georgetown. That could help some... And hurt most of us.

http://www.ascendoutdoor.com/dare-to...d-trailrun.htm
              Don't forget about this if you are semi-close to a trail.

Comment

More G'Town pix

More of the same. Lots of doe and fawns, the best buck I've seen so far, and one unwelcome guest.
                Attached Files

Comment

Was wondering, how many wear hunter orange getting to their stand and then remove once in their stand?
                  Why would you want to?

Comment

ANy word on tAg #s?

Comment

Originally posted by jmaustin View Post
                      Don't forget about this if you are semi-close to a trail.
                      I sent a little heads up eamil to that organization to let them know that it was the opener for archery after SMOOT posted the link. I have not heard back from anyone. Hope they read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott82m View Post
                        ANy word on tAg #s?
                        How should we expect to find out? Do we each have to call or ask at the check station?

Comment

I have no clue

Comment

Just got this from the office:

"There are 72 doe tags and 15 buck tags. I will be sending an email out tomorrow to all the hunters after having a meeting with upper management. "

Comment

Ok. So not everyone will be able to shoot an animal or... What does this actually mean?

Comment

Originally posted by jmaustin View Post
                                Just got this from the office:

"There are 72 doe tags and 15 buck tags. I will be sending an email out tomorrow to all the hunters after having a meeting with upper management. "
                                So is this a good amount of buck tags? Do spikes count against buck tags or do they have there own tag?

Comment

Working...
                                X