Extreme Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
    30 degrees is fine. It’s that 25 mph wind that sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Worked in winds above that in MT & ND and it made simple work outside even more tiring. Being from TX it was difficult getting used to below freezing temps in spring. In May there was frost on everything some mornings. I’d put on my coveralls then hop on a 4 wheeler and head several miles down gravel roads and sections of land to work cattle.

Comment

One of the chillers for the buildings a/c is down. Take a wild guess who doesn't have a/c in his area right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
        One of the chillers for the buildings a/c is down. Take a wild guess who doesn't have a/c in his area right now.
        Lemley Gilbert?

Comment

This heat is destroying the battery life in my trail cameras. Went to check on a couple today and they were both dead. I'm lucky to get a month out of them

Comment

4:30 this morning my patio thermometer was reading 89.

Comment

For all the “It’s hot in the Texas summer, this is not news” super stars...

Comment

I work in the Houston area, and @ 0330 we just had a plant wide heat advisory put in place. We need some relief!

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                  I can't really remember for sure but wasn't last summer not that bad at all heat wise? Very few 100 degree days?
                  Maybe due to Harvey dumping rain for a month.

Comment

To all the delicate flowers that wilt under a little heat, welcome to Texas

Comment

My wife told me yesterday that we broke a record here in Waco. 114 degrees! That is hotter than it has ever been here since records started being recorded.

Yesterday morning I put soaker hoses all around our house to water the foundation. Once I was done I went inside and took a shower. At 3pm my wife was sorting the laundry and the clothes I had been wearing were still wet.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                        Yesterday morning I put soaker hoses all around our house to water the foundation. Once I was done I went inside and took a shower. At 3pm my wife was sorting the laundry and the clothes I had been wearing were still wet.
                        I need do this, thanks for the reminder. I did last summer (first summer in TX) but this spring my nephew managed to chop them up with the trimmer and I keep forgetting to replace them.

Comment

God's just showin us hell aint anyplace to be

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                            My wife told me yesterday that we broke a record here in Waco. 114 degrees! That is hotter than it has ever been here since records started being recorded.

That was a daily record, which means it’s hotter, on that date, than ever recorded. Check the overall high records in August and I’ll bet you there’s plenty of days up that high.

Comment

Extreme Heat

Also, it may be hot as hades out right now, but I’m still a few miles back on a piece of public land scouting today :-)

Comment

Well, I covered about 11 miles of ground yesterday thanks to the “cold front”. I drank 96oz of water and Powerade throughout the day and was still dehydrated. To tell you how dehydrated... I was down 5.4lbs from the morning before! Sure was a productive day though.

Y’all all stay hydrated out there!

Comment

Working...
                                X