Knife of a lifetime!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knife of a lifetime!!

Ok so I’ve collected knives throughout the years and have used all sorts of knives for all occasions. This prize is priceless and am blessed to finally own it.

Twenty years ago while living in Texas I was placed in contact with a man named “Randy Byrd” who lives in the San Bois Mountains of Oklahoma by my grandfathers late former navy buddy “Jim Boatman” of Granbury.

Boatman told me he owned lots of land and “Randy aka “Birdman” would give me access to all the hunting a lifetime will allow. And he was right still hunting this property today.

Randy is a mountain man 76 years old (originally from Azle,Tx) who lived off this land for forty years with the first 10 without running water or electricity. Randy and his wife Anita have grown close to this family and highly respected as a man woman and couple of god.

Randy was a knife maker and avid deer hunter. His most prized possession is a hunting knife that he made in the early 80’s that he has skinned all of his whitetails he has harvested in these mountains.

This knife had been a topic of conversation for many years and have had the opportunity to hold it and check it out. The knife is well built and perfectly balanced. It’s literally the coolest knife I’ve ever held and feels like an extension of your hand while holding it.

Well this weekend while putting out game cams and mineral licks Randy Byrdman passed this knife along to me. I’ve been like a kid who just found his favorite toy and find myself often thinking about if only this knife could talk. Here below is a knife that will never be sold and handed down to my children’s children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty cool

Comment

Thats cool, congrats! Does Looks like it would hold nice

Comment

That is an amazing story and a beautiful knife, your a blessed man to have meet a true friend for life.

Comment

That’s a great looking knife
          Sounds like he holds you in high regard
          You should be happy he gave it to you

Comment

Congratulations, looks like an awesome knife.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Man that is not a knife you would to lose or get stolen either. A buddy of mine would say its got " medicine". A lot of history, memories, that make it so much better. Congrats, keep it safe.

Comment

Great story/history on the knife
                Looks very nice

Comment

Cool story and neat knife. What are the scales made from?

Comment

That's really neat. I'm sure it spent it's entire life being laid against stone, and not some new fangled supercharged knife sharpener. If it could only talk!

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                      Cool story and neat knife. What are the scales made from?

Brazilian Rosewood

Comment

Handsome knife. Thanks for sharing Ghost

Comment

Great looking knife, and priceless personal value. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

good read, congrats. Says a lot about you for him to give you such a gift.

Comment

Being his mark is rubbed off in one spot you see it's done work

Comment

Working...
                              X