Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Cutco Knives really worth the price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
    I have ONE like this.

[ATTACH]910813[/ATTACH]

It hasn't impressed me yet.
    I have this same knife with the gut hook. I have only skinned 2 axis deer but I love it! Stays super sharp and we caped out both animals, entire body and was very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
      As a favor to a friend I had a Cutco sales guy give my wife and I the pitch last nite. To say I was shocked at the prices is an understatement. I just had no idea how much these things cost. I am sure they are awesome knives but $1,200.00??

Is there a high quality knife company out there that is not as expensive as Cutco or is that just price for a high quality set of knives.

Appreciate your feedback.
      Raleigh
      From your perspective, OP. Is it clear after reading this thread if they are worth it or not?

Comment

Wusthof kitchen knives are **** hard to beat for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
          Nope, they are stamped steel. Not even forged for that price.
          This. They are cheap, stamped, poorly balanced knives. The reason they’ll replace a broken knife so easily is because they are so cheap.

If you have $1200 for knives get 3-4 Shuns or Mercer MX1s and a decent hone and sharpener. If you don’t want to spend $1200 get some Victorinox or Mercer forged and a Chef’s Choice sharpener. With any of those choices you’ll be passing those knives to your children if you care for them properly.

Avoid Dexter. Their handle sucks and they changed their steel a while back to subpar product.

Comment

I have a hunting knife, the filet knife, and a set of shears. The shears are are awesome. I use those for doves, quail, and other various things. The hunting knife is pretty good, but I can't say it's that much better than other stuff out there for less money. I don't love the fillet knife, but I still use it. The extendable blade is a good idea, but it'll slide back in once you put some pressure on it. I don't have much experience with the kitchen knives.

Comment

Victorinox knives are well worth the money, a better knife, and they are inexpensive.... I've wore out hundreds..

Cutco is the Kirby Vacuum of the knife world..

Comment

There is room to negotiate price but yes I feel they are worth it. We’ve had ours for probably close to 10 years. They sharpen them for free for life and they hold an edge for a long time.

We just had ours resharpened. We’ve only had to have them sharpened 3 times since we’ve owned them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                  From your perspective, OP. Is it clear after reading this thread if they are worth it or not?
                  Yes and thank all of you for your input. Many times on this site a simple question or comment goes down the rabbit hole so fast the OP never get any straight advice. I commend all of you for your honest feedback

Simple answer is I will look elsewhere for some kitchen knives.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                    I have ONE like this.

[ATTACH]910813[/ATTACH]

It hasn't impressed me yet.

I have that one, and it is basically, crap.

Comment

I have some Cutco shears,I think that are great

Comment

Working...
                      X