Obesity, fat, plump, huge ok you get it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obesity, fat, plump, huge ok you get it

I keep seeing threads on several members who have lost weight (kudos). Wait. Before anyone says I am poking fun at fat people. Ummmmmmm no. I weigh 252 myself and down from 287.

Several articles have now deemed obesity as a "disease". My disease is I like food and hate to work out. Truth. I can change it if I want and I think most can also.

Kinda like people on illegal drugs, tobacco stuff, alcohol etc. A bunch of this is due to the high one gets from different chemicals aka endorphins. Food is the same way. Makes people happy.

So I guess medical stuff now says it's a disease. Still not sure I believe this. Like anything else it takes will power but it can be done. I almost think medical statements as such make it as an easy catch out.

No doubt fat kills. Heart disease, cancer, diabetes etc. Maybe that's why it has been named and treated as other diseases?

I DONT believe that at all. Less than 2 years ago I was 340. I sat on my but, ate nothing but fast food and pizza. I was just a plane ole fat lazy guy. It was not a disease, I was just lazy. This morning I was 174 pounds. No I didnt have weight loss surgery, 'nothing against it' I just got off of my but. Started eating healthy, and working out. So yes I lost 166 pounds by stopping being lazy, nothing else. When I was fat I knew I was fat, I knew what I was eating was bad for me, I was just to lazy to do anything about it. To me cancer is a disease, you cant control cancer. But I dang sure could control what I chose to eat. So for me personally, it was not a disease, just laziness.

Comment

I understand that certain conditions lead to obesity and make it hard to control, but I think most of the time it’s you’re own fault that you’re a fat azz. It’s not a disease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Yeah i dont buy it being a disease. Anything that's contrillable but addicting can then be classified as disease. Which they've already done calling alcoholism a disease.

Comment

I'm just big boned.

Comment

You hit the nail on the head when you said "I can change if I want". For any diet or weight loss program to work, the motivation has to come from within and we all have different triggers.

Comment

I'm lazy. I hate working out especially after working. Messed up knees doesn't help to encourage me but it's just lazy.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

It's crazy how people think about it lol. But I don't think it's a disease unless there's some kind of thyroid issue or other underlying issue. When I was a kid I was always pretty slim. In my early 20's I got a job that didn't really require much physical activity and went from around 200 lbs to 350+ by the time I was 32. I got so fat that I just couldn't get around and do stuff like I used to so I decided to get it off. Started eating right and working my tail off and now I'm 180ish and in the best shape of my life a few days shy of being 40. I work out pretty much every day now. It just takes a lot of willpower.

Comment

I eat because I’m unhappy and I’m unhappy because I eat, it’s a vicious cycle a quote from fat *******.

All seriousness I think it has to do with will power. Some people my self include know what you should eat but opt for the quick fix instead of eating healthier. I lost 80 pounds in 2012 because I changed my eating habits, then the job took up some time so it was easier to hit fast food joints than to make the food At home and keep it cool until I ate.

Comment

Obesity

It's an addiction
                      Addiction is a "disease"

It's my thyroid
                      No your thyroid just can't keep up with your obesity

I believe the next weight loss treatment is going to be for dentists. They will be wiring people's mouths shut so they can only have a liquid diet. Limit food intake limit weight

If it doesn't go in the mouth it doesn't go on the hip

If people would only eat half of what's on their plate they would be half their obesity

Comment

Originally posted by Tx625 View Post
                        I DONT believe that at all. Less than 2 years ago I was 340. I sat on my but, ate nothing but fast food and pizza. I was just a plane ole fat lazy guy. It was not a disease, I was just lazy. This morning I was 174 pounds. No I didnt have weight loss surgery, 'nothing against it' I just got off of my but. Started eating healthy, and working out. So yes I lost 166 pounds by stopping being lazy, nothing else. When I was fat I knew I was fat, I knew what I was eating was bad for me, I was just to lazy to do anything about it. To me cancer is a disease, you cant control cancer. But I dang sure could control what I chose to eat. So for me personally, it was not a disease, just laziness.
                        Awesome! Congrats to you. And I agree completely. It's a choice, not a disease.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                          You hit the nail on the head when you said "I can change if I want". For any diet or weight loss program to work, the motivation has to come from within and we all have different triggers.
                          Yep, addiction is addiction is addiction. The above applies to addiction of any kind, not just food.

Comment

I think they LABELED it as a disease is for insurance purposes, and we all know what that means, drive up the price because of all the people who want the surgery instead of committing to a healthier lifestyle and eating habits. Look and see how many gastric bypass patients relapse because they don’t relearn to eat and move. I’ve battled with my weight my entire life I’ve gone from fit to fat to fit again it’s hard either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                              It's crazy how people think about it lol. But I don't think it's a disease unless there's some kind of thyroid issue or other underlying issue. When I was a kid I was always pretty slim. In my early 20's I got a job that didn't really require much physical activity and went from around 200 lbs to 350+ by the time I was 32. I got so fat that I just couldn't get around and do stuff like I used to so I decided to get it off. Started eating right and working my tail off and now I'm 180ish and in the best shape of my life a few days shy of being 40. I work out pretty much every day now. It just takes a lot of willpower.

Dang! I can’t even picture you at 350+!!!! Good job getting it off!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X