Covert solar panel + enloops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    I guess I’ve never even considered going on a 24 hour delay. I think the most I ever tried was 30 minutes. And just went right back to real-time since mine work fine with it.

Make sense. If I find it annoying that it’s not on real time I’m just going to break down and buy the 12v set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
      Still waiting.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
      I received my 2018 Code Black LTE (AT&T) today. I haven’t powered it up and configured it or played with it yet. At first glance the only disappointment is the antennas. All photos show the old rubberized antenna with metal hardware. The antennas on the unit I received are cheap looking hard plastic, wide and flat, with plastic hardware where it screws to the camera body. Still trying to read forums to decide if I need to go Solar, 12V, or Solar+12V.

Comment

Originally posted by DowneyDigs View Post
        I received my 2018 Code Black LTE (AT&T) today. I haven’t powered it up and configured it or played with it yet. At first glance the only disappointment is the antennas. All photos show the old rubberized antenna with metal hardware. The antennas on the unit I received are cheap looking hard plastic, wide and flat, with plastic hardware where it screws to the camera body. Still trying to read forums to decide if I need to go Solar, 12V, or Solar+12V.

After further reading, the hard plastic antenna may actually be an improvement over the old-style rubber coated antenna. Have read many reports of the rubber antenna being damaged by squirrels, cows, mice, etc. Perhaps this is Covert’s solution to that issue. I would still prefer metal hardware where the antenna screws to the camera body. I also question how water tight these new antenna will be. They fold down and there is a large gap at the pivot point. The antenna wire is exposed in the opening and I can’t imagine how this connection is completely waterproof. I am new to covert cameras, and haven’t powered this one on yet, so this is just my initial observation. Pics attached for reference.

Comment

It’s an antenna.... no waterproofing required. I’m sure Covert with years and years of research wouldn’t leave something exposed if it mattered.

Comment

last pic from last night. App says 80 and looks like a 4 on the time stam

Comment

It’s an antenna.... no waterproofing required. I’m sure Covert with years and years of research wouldn’t leave something exposed if it mattered.

I’m definitely not concerned about the antenna itself. My only thought was that water may be able to get inside the antenna, follow the path of the antenna wire down to the pin/connector, drip down through the point of connection, and ultimately into the camera body. I have faith in Covert’s product and warranty, otherwise I would have bought another brand. A great deal of research went into my decision to go with Covert, and I am confident that they produce a superior product.

Comment

Originally posted by DowneyDigs View Post
                I’m definitely not concerned about the antenna itself. My only thought was that water may be able to get inside the antenna, follow the path of the antenna wire down to the pin/connector, drip down through the point of connection, and ultimately into the camera body. I have faith in Covert’s product and warranty, otherwise I would have bought another brand. A great deal of research went into my decision to go with Covert, and I am confident that they produce a superior product.

Good....then you shouldn't worry about an antenna ..... Put it in the field and enjoy.

I have three I monitor from my ap....one with the older rubber antenna in the vertical position....probably have 5-6 squirrels on the camera at a time at times. No problems..
                Last edited by Smart; 05-09-2018, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
                  last pic from last night. App says 80 and looks like a 4 on the time stam

Well at least you now its charging right and sounds like the canopy was an issue at the other place.. It sure what the time stamp issue is.
                  Last edited by Smart; 05-09-2018, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Well at least you now its charging right and sounds like the canopy was an issue at the other place..

Yeah and it doesn’t seem to like to be in real time on the particular camera

Comment

It has caught up battery wise so check your percentage by calling for a picture in real-time around 4 or 5 when the sun has been directly overhead.

Mine will be at 50-60% after all night of taking pics over cottonseed and animals running through the view for the water trough. It stays there and sometimes even lower after the AM feeding of corn is gone . Then I can call for a pic in the middle of the afternoon and it’s back to 80-100 after reading 40-60% all day from the last morning pic.

Comment

It has caught up battery wise so check your percentage by calling for a picture in real-time around 4 or 5 when the sun has been directly overhead.

Mine will be at 50-60% after all night of taking pics over cottonseed and animals running through the view for the water trough. It stays there and sometimes even lower after the AM feeding of corn is gone . Then I can call for a pic in the middle of the afternoon and it’s back to 80-100 after reading 40-60% all day from the last morning pic.

That makes sense if my panel is working properly

Comment

Had a buddy text me saying something is wrong with my camera...It’s not charging. Sent me a screenshot at 2pm with it reading 40%. He got his first picture at 2:05 since that morning and the camera updated his percentage to 100%. He texted... never mind..[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
                            That makes sense if my panel is working properly

Yes... hopefully it is.

Comment

Also make sure your batteries are all facing the right direction. One backwards line of batteries throws off the whole mix

Comment

My coverts are still holding strong at 100%.

It never leaves 9 all day erday

Comment

Working...
                                X