Drone accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drone accessories

Getting ready to put it to work for my wife's RE business and I need advice on some items. I flew yesterday to re-familiarize myself with it and I had a very difficult time seeing the screen. What is best for viewing a tablet screen? Also, do any of you guys use ND filters on the camera? This is for a DJI Phantom 3 std. Any others that might be put to use?

Thanks for any input.

My dad has a large construction company in West Texas. He started using DJI Mavic’s For a photogrammetry division. Great Drone.. I have a Blade Qx350 with a CGO2 camera. I use mine for the same purpose as you. No filters, and I run mine off my iPhone 7+

Comment

Thanks.

Still looking, running on a Samsung Tab A 8 if that helps.
      Last edited by Bill M; 01-05-2018, 08:13 AM.

Comment

I assume you already have the part 107 license?

DJI makes a great screen, Crystal Sky. Easy to view in bright sunlight.

Comment

Originally posted by flyby View Post
          I assume you already have the part 107 license?

DJI makes a great screen, Crystal Sky. Easy to view in bright sunlight.
          Yes, first thing I did before flying. Drone properly marked. Not really looking for that much upgrade for what I will use it for but thanks.

Comment

I run mine on an ipad and use Polar Pro filters. The filters make such a huge difference on the video quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
              I run mine on an ipad and use Polar Pro filters. The filters make such a huge difference on the video quality.
              Thank you, that is a big help.

Comment

Anyone else with suggestions?

Comment

+1 with Polar Pro filters. I bought the three pack of Vivid Cinema Series ND4, 8 and 16. Might even look into going as high as 32 as bright as it is around here.

As far as screens, I'm just using my iPhone 8+ with no problems. I bought a MavMount to hold it, and have been very impressed with it so far. I've even plugged in my iPad Pro and set it on a music stand - works great as long as you don't have to move around.

Edit: sorry didn’t see you said Phantom - MavMount won’t work with the phantom remote.
                  Last edited by FriscoAg; 01-05-2018, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the additional information.

Comment

Working...
                    X