No announcement yet.

2017 Houston Astros season thread, "Earn it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a lot of great food. Bagels, delis, pizza, pizza, pizza, Korean, chinese, Italian. Walked 45 miles in a week and still gained weight!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Had a lot of great food. Bagels, delis, pizza, pizza, pizza, Korean, chinese, Italian. Walked 45 miles in a week and still gained weight!
      If that happened it is apparent you didnt drink enough to offset all of that food.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        If that happened it is apparent you didnt drink enough to offset all of that food.
        Hmmmm. I drank quite a bit....but couldn't afford to drink "enough" if you know what I mean. I was pretty lit when i got in an Astros / Yankees debate and ended up buying this... I can say that everyone was great in NYC. The subway people werehelpful, everyone chatting in central park, just a great time. I asked everyone if they knew Topduarte. No response????

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          Carlos was a great piece to the puzzle this past season. He was a mentor to this young team as was McCann. He may not have put up the numbers he wanted to this year but he had quite a few key hits when the team needed them. He was very gracious and accepting of his diminished role as the season wore on and the post season got underway. I wish him nothing of the best going forward. I never understood why some fans were upset when he left the first time..........
          Because the last year he was a Rangers they won 17 out of 19 games against the Astros keeping us out of the playoffs. The next year he's back with the Astros and those stats are reversed. The Astros have not seen the last of Carlos Beltran, he's going to Coach, and his home town in the US is New York. Astros need to hire him as a coach because he knows this team like a first grade reader.

Chew, perfect example of Marines never afraid to operate behind enemy lines....

Comment

Yanks interviewing Beltran for Manager job....

Comment

You might want to listen to this and re-live some of the playoff calls. As I listened I could clearly see each one of those hits/plays in my mind.

Comment

That was pretty ****n cool.

Comment

I enjoyed that.

Comment

Bookmarked for later. Sure have been adding pitchers but they all seem to be righties.

Comment

My wife bought me this Christmas ornament for the tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                          Bookmarked for later. Sure have been adding pitchers but they all seem to be righties.
                          Lefties would be nice but we really need Beltran as one of our batting/pitching coaches!

Comment

Just wanted to bring this up and say. Astros are still "World Champions"

Comment

Really hope we DO NOT trade Whitley or Tucker!!

We already got rid of Cameron and looks like Fisher won't be around much longer either.

Beltran is gone, which slides Jake into a slightly bigger role in the OF. But Fisher is also going to be very good

Comment

I read the rumors about fisher for that pitcher... i just dont see it... Fisher is franchise...he wasnt even allowed in the talks for Verlander at crunch time , during a legitimate and immediate run for the championship....
                                why give him up for this guy? (*unless theres a ton of prospects, cash, and other incentives involved....and even then..nah.)

Comment

Working...
                                X