No announcement yet.

seattle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best steak is at The Metropolitan Grill. Best view from a restaurant is at Salty's on Alki Beach. Best chowder or lobster bisque is at Pike Place Chowder, (in an ally across the street from Pike Place). Mount Si in North Bend is a cool place to hike. It is about 10 minutes from Salish. Someone above mentioned the Ballard Locks, they are cool. Also mentioned was the Chihuli Glass Exhibit. It's pretty cool. I highly recommend the Orca trip in the San Juan Islands. I lived there 15 years and can give you countless activities to partake in. Feel free to pm me if you are interested in hearing more.

Comment

If you're going to pike's place in the morning, grab some smoked salmon piroshkys for breakfast. They're awesome.

Comment

Pike Place is super touristy, very busy, kinda like a flea market with fish throwing. There's lots of shops downtown in walking distance. The Seattle Center has a bunch of tourist spots (MoPop, Science Center, Chihully, Space Needle), would recommend purchasing a city pass for $75/person if you want to go to a bunch of tourist locations, it's a great deal. The MOHAI on Lake Union is also a great museum and highly recommended if you like industrial history. The Monorail is a great way to get downtown from the city center.

Gas Works Park (North Lake Union, great view of the city) and Golden Gardens are great for picnics. Alki Beach has a boardwalk and a great view of the city. Ballard locks is nice, too.

Lastly, ****'s Burger serves up crappy burgers, but is open until 2am and is a local treasure.

Dukes Chowder house(s) are great
        Mexican food is bad in Seattle

Traffic on the five and four oh five are stupid bad. Don't plan on going anywhere in a hurry, please plan and allow for this especially traveling across town. The sun doesn't shine a whole lot and when it does it brings out thousands of vitamin D deprived individuals out to walk, run and biciyle around.

Comment

Couldn't remember the name of the place but I found it. Chinook's on Salmon Bay. Food is legit, and the chowder is way better than Duke's. It is right on the water and is a great place for lunch. Right down from the Ballard zlocks and fish ladder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

If the weather is pretty, ride the ferry to Bremerton and back. Sit on the deck. Enjoy the view.

Comment

I lived a couple of miles from the falls from 2002 to 2010. Get out on the Sound. A cheap way to do it is on a ferry boat. Ride ferry over to Bainbridge Island, walk around a bit and get some food then ride back. Just a couple of bucks a piece if you walk on or a little more to drive a car on. Too much to do I Seattle to list. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Comment

pike place is a cool way to spend the afternoon, then head over to pioneer square (downtown party area-bars and restaurants). thats also where you access seattle underground which is a must see.

Comment

Take the ferry across to bainbridge island!

Comment

Thanks for the tips fellas. She will be happy going and I will avoid the snowflakes as best as I can lol. I don't think we'll have time to do some hiking, maybe around the lodge though. It would be pretty cool to see one of the deadliest catch ships! Regardless of the people ish encounter I just want her to be happy. I really appreciate the feedback fellas.

Comment

I grew up not far from Snoqualmie Falls (where the Salish lodge is)... Yes, people are rude and weird there. And there are rainbow crosswalks in certain "neighborhoods" in Seattle. All that aside, there's some neat things to do and see and the food is amazing.

In Seattle wake up early one morning and have breakfast at Lowell's in the market (http://eatatlowells.com/). If you like seafood, one of you should get the smoked salmon scrambler and the other one should get the Dungeness crab omelet. Amazing. Then spend the morning bumming around Pike Place, shopping and people watching. For lunch head to Elliott's Oyster House on Pier 56. (http://www.elliottsoysterhouse.com/) If you like seafood you will thank me. Order the wild mushroom strudel for an appetizer. I'm drooling just thinking about it. University district has some cool shopping if you are into that. Depending on when you are going you can rent kayaks and go explore the waterways.

Go up the space needle if you are so inclined but don't eat there. Food is overpriced and not in adult sized portions.

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Axis FMJ View Post
                        Take the ferry across to bainbridge island!
                        This is actually great advice. If you are in the downtown area anyway, you can walk on and see some of the best water side views on the Sounds in a two hour round trip. Good clean fun with lots of time to visit. The Bremerton ferry actually hugs the south shore of Bainbridge and has great views.

What time of year are you going? If you are going to be in Belltown, some of the best pizza around is the Northlake Tavern under the Union Bay bridge. It is walking distance to the UofW, so is a fun casual atmosphere with great pizza.

If you are looking for great evening views, head out to Alki point (West Seattle neighborhood.) The sun going down behind the Olympic Mountains is a thing of beauty.

If you are looking for some local flavor and feel for Seattle, a stroll around Green Lake is a unique experience. It is a very nice urban park with a jogging trail, pretty lake; and more yuppy hipsters than you thought existed.

Salty's (upscale seafood) on Alki has good food and a better view of the lights of the Seattle skyline. And the boardwalk around the tip of West Seattle makes a nice stroll after dinner.

Enjoy your trip and Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                        X