Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pie R round

Comment

What did the teacher say the correct answer was? I assume it was 63 since they have a shared ray.

Comment

It is my understanding that with the new common core math, any answer is correct as long as you can explain it. So, the answer your daughter gave is correct.

Comment

It is 63. Your kid drew the diagram wrong. C is shared between the two angles. The way the illustration was drawn is why this is confusing to some. Think in terms of building a fence pen with signs a,b,c, and d in an ariel view. C is always the sams post. In your daughters illustration, c is not the same fence post.

Comment

OP = a troll and pot stirrer

Just wait until Jhill gets here. He will solve the problem.

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
            My only question after reading all of this is................HOW DID I PASS 4th GRADE!?!?!?

youtube/user/jordanflash714.com
            Better yet if that's 4th grade math how did I pass the 8th grade or manage college math?

Comment

The question states that they FORM <ABD and share a ray. The answer is 63

youtube/user/jordanflash714.com

Comment

Just tell her to sit next to the smart kid.

Comment

Wow I am completely lost.

Comment

This is the only Ray I can think of.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4f6d85ed82d2b55c3092ad64089d8634.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	24440906

Comment

Common Core Math. It was created by those too ignorant to do simple math.

And I have no clue what the answer really is, I am now confused.

I would have went with 17 as well.

Comment

The picture is throwing yall off.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                          I think the controversy is whether the original drawing is the teachers or the students answering the question. If it is the teacher's then the answer is 17. if there was no drawing and only the wording of the question then Straydog and RS3 are correct. Just reading the words and not looking at the picture, my answer is 63.
                          Originally I said 17 but I assumed the first pic shown was correct. Then I read this by cehorn. Try dissecting the question, drawing 2 separate angles. (Draw ABC and then separately draw another angle, CBD, then move them together to share a ray.)

It becomes like what Straydog drew. The question does not say that CBD is within ABC, it says they share a ray, but it does not say the shared ray is BC. The question should be challenged for not being clear as to what the shared ray is, but nonetheless, the answer is 63.

Comment

You have two triangles that share a common ray. From the wording of the problem, I would assume that you would add the two triangles together at that common ray (CB).

My answer is 63.
                            Last edited by jlinville; 04-21-2016, 07:38 AM.

Comment

63 is the answer, the way you drew the diagram is wrong. If there was something more to a diagram that the teacher drew then that could tell us more. But something tells me ya done goofed.

Comment

Why was 6 afraid of 7?

Comment

Working...
                                X