Lets talk credit cards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    I use a Bass Pro card for everything and pay it weekly. I get at least a firearm every year out of it
    This sounds like a good idea. I just take the bill credits, so we just waste it away. I like the idea of getting something like a firearm that holds value each year.

Comment

Cabelas CC. Get 1% on everyday purchases in Cabelas points and 2,3 or 5% depending on what card you have on points back on purchases at Cabelas. They run great promos from time to time too that saves even more when you make the charge on your Cabelas card.

Comment

I have a capital one venture card and love it

For airline miles I've really been looking at getting a southwest card. I travel for work and also would build points on it. Seems like a no brainer but I need to do some more research first

Comment

USAA credit - 1% cash back
          Academy - $25 gift card for every $250 at academy. 1% if used anywhere else.
          Amazon 5% on prime purchases.
          Discount tire - $60 cash back on a set of 4 tires purchased and 6mo free financing - pay off in 2-3 payments.

Are they going to make me rich? No, but it's a nice little bonus.

Paid off every 2 weeks. Never have given a dime to them!
          Last edited by fullsizeaggie; 03-24-2016, 11:28 AM.

Comment

the card out there for the biggest bang for buck is the spirit airlines world mastercard.

2 miles per $ spent. 15k bonus miles to sign up. You can fly domestic weekday for 2500 miles. so you earn several tickets upon sign up and can easily earn a ticket every month.

downside is- its spirit airlines, weekday flights to get them for the 2500 miles, points expire rather quickly.
            wouldn't be the card for everyone, but if you like to get away multiple times a year within the US or for business trips you would be hard pressed to earn free flights as often.

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
              Be careful paying it off every month in full.. Did this with my rewards card one time for about 8 months and my credit limit went down to $1,000, I had paid it in full every month and had great credit..
              That's really strange cause i did the same and mine tripled in that amount of time.

Comment

I am very happy with my Southwest Visa. But I fly southwest often so it is especially beneficial to me, much more so than 1 or 2 percent. But like I said it fits my lifestyle and might not work for others as well.

Comment

Originally posted by FCoDxDart View Post
                  That's really strange cause i did the same and mine tripled in that amount of time.
                  My credit limit went up twice before it got dropped down..

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                    I have rental property and sometimes a credit card can come in handy. What is the best credit card for this. I don't understand all the "perks" they offer. First thing to be VERY clear on is that I plan to pay the card off in full at the end of each month. Second is I would either like some kind of discount or some form of credit towards airplane tickets if possible.

I'm totally lost on this subject.
                    I think the best deal in airline miles credit cards is the Southwest Airlines Visa. A couple of times a year they run a promotion where they give you 50,000 miles to sign up. When they do this, call and sign up for two cards, a personal and a business. You then come out of the gate with 100,000 miles. Once you hit 110,000 miles you get a companion pass for the remainder of the current year AND the next. This means that anytime you fly, you can bring a companion for FREE. So you use miles for your free ticket and you bring someone else along for free as well. Just from signing up, you have enough miles to book loads of free flights.

You earn more points by spending on the card and you can also earn a ton of points by using their portal to link to online retailers anytime you shop online. I had to buy a fridge for the house and got a free flight out of it just by clicking a few buttons. Here it is. https://rapidrewardsshopping.southwest.com/

I'm not in my third year of having the companion pass. I've flown 24 times in a row now on Southwest without spending a cent for airfare.

Comment

We've been using a Southwest Airlines Visa through Chase for a few years now and have enjoyed it. Makes sense for us because my mother lives in Indiana and we can fly her down here a couple times a year for "free". 1-1 points for dollars spent and it typically runs around 12-14k points one way for flights. Of course there are some qualifying things that earn double and triple points. The SW card requires a $100 service fee every year but they also throw 6,000 bonus points in your account at that time so basically it's like requiring you to buy a $100 SW airlines gift card.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                        I think the best deal in airline miles credit cards is the Southwest Airlines Visa. A couple of times a year they run a promotion where they give you 50,000 miles to sign up. When they do this, call and sign up for two cards, a personal and a business. You then come out of the gate with 100,000 miles. Once you hit 110,000 miles you get a companion pass for the remainder of the current year AND the next. This means that anytime you fly, you can bring a companion for FREE. So you use miles for your free ticket and you bring someone else along for free as well. Just from signing up, you have enough miles to book loads of free flights.

You earn more points by spending on the card and you can also earn a ton of points by using their portal to link to online retailers anytime you shop online. I had to buy a fridge for the house and got a free flight out of it just by clicking a few buttons. Here it is. https://rapidrewardsshopping.southwest.com/

I'm not in my third year of having the companion pass. I've flown 24 times in a row now on Southwest without spending a cent for airfare.
                        Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
                          citi double cash back card is the best out there right now. get a card with cash back, not points.
                          This for sure! I use it for work expenses and use a cap one card for personal expenses. Citi card is way better. Can't beat 2% cash back!

Comment

Working...
                          X