Brushy Hill Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brushy Hill Review

Wen't to Brushy Hill last weekend the 8-10, booked the hunt last minute and they had some room for us. This was my first day lease to go to and after reading all the reviews I pick brushy hill. Well we didn't end up getting anything but I can say for sure we will be back. Nick did a great job setting us up well worth the money to get him to put you up a blind. The abundance of rainfall in that area has things very green and the deer could care less about the corn so it made for hard hunting. Even with that you still see they have tons of deer there and know there is some monsters. My brother in-law had a chance at a big 10 but he busted him on the draw back and said good bye. Meat some nice guys from Louisiana and had some good time. Hope to go back and have more good times soon!

Love that place. Which pasture did you guys hunt? This is the first time in ten years that I'm not hunting Brushyhill. Putting my oldest son through college has my play funds tied up.

Comment

We hunted the Will Rehm pasture.

Comment

Hunted there a few times love the ranch its nice to get out of the pine trees every once in a while!

Comment

Went there on a hog hunt couple years ago. Saw lots of nice bucks. Also our group had plenty of opportunities at hogs. Lots of fun. Accommodations were top notch. Id go back in a heart beat.

Comment

Sounds like fun!! I have been looking for a place like this, looks like I will have to check it out!!

Comment

brushyhill map

I was wondering if anyone had a map of brushyhill? i looked it up on google earth but im not sure where the ranch begins or ends

Comment

It's almost 13 k acres and spread out into 5 pastures each one has its own map

Comment

map

is there a way to get a copy of the maps before i get out there?

Comment

Call Pete and see if they will email you some copies personally if it were my ranch and nothing against you or anyone else I wouldn't if I had never met you but you never know Pete is a good ol boy he may do it he's one of the nicest guys I've ever met

Comment

Yes they will send you a copy of your pasture if you call and ask.

Comment

Just got back. Seen lots of deer. Couldn't get them to come closer than 50 yards. I'm not good more than 40 so I passed on the shots. Seen a bunch of pigs but couldn't close the deal. Stayed in the white house on the hill. Its not Holiday Inn but it will work for a overnight stay or two. If you stay here the shower in the right restroom works the best. The hot water gets hot. Had a blast and will go back. Next time I will get with Nick before I go so he can hook me up with a set up. Sorry for the short notice Nick if you read this.

I give the place

Comment

we are looking to go on a pig hunt in march. We hunted the will rheam and river pastures 10 yrs ago and had a blast. How are the hog numbers this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Youngblood View Post
                            Just got back. Seen lots of deer. Couldn't get them to come closer than 50 yards. I'm not good more than 40 so I passed on the shots. Seen a bunch of pigs but couldn't close the deal. Stayed in the white house on the hill. Its not Holiday Inn but it will work for a overnight stay or two. If you stay here the shower in the right restroom works the best. The hot water gets hot. Had a blast and will go back. Next time I will get with Nick before I go so he can hook me up with a set up. Sorry for the short notice Nick if you read this.

I give the place
                            What pasture were you in and were you hunting tent blinds?

Comment

River Pasture. I had my blind set up on the ditch by the road. Should have went a little further in along that ditch. Its really nice up in about 150 yards.

Comment

Working...
                              X