Fishing reports: Goose Island SP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing reports: Goose Island SP

Does any body have any fishing reports from around goose island.

Will be staying at the park last part of June and want to try my luck at fishing around the piers and on a kayak!!!

What baits do you all recommends and what are good areas to hit with a kayak around the area...?

Oh and is there any good places to attend for the 4.th of July to see live bands /fireworks from rock port to Corpus?

Thanks in advance

Are you down here now? I am launching my kayak out of Palm Harbor in the morning if you wanna tag along. We will be here until July 5th.

Comment

Try the reefs just north of the pier at state park. Or over by the "big tree" there is usually a solid grass line. Work north along grass line and there is a nice little gut right before the old rickety peir. Also behind the rockport airport can be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
        Are you down here now? I am launching my kayak out of Palm Harbor in the morning if you wanna tag along. We will be here until July 5th.

No sir, not yet.. will get there June 30th..

Not familiar with palm harbor, but let me know how it goes in the morning!!

Have you caught anything since you have been there?

Comment

Originally posted by Reedimus View Post
          Try the reefs just north of the pier at state park. Or over by the "big tree" there is usually a solid grass line. Work north along grass line and there is a nice little gut right before the old rickety peir. Also behind the rockport airport can be good.
          Thanks, might give it a try!!! Where can I launch from from the big tree and what baits work well....

I'm not too familiar with salt water fishing

Comment

There is an area to park right off lamar beach rd right before it turns west away from the bay and towards the big tree. I like throwing a pink spook jr up shallow early and a soft plastic on 1/16 ounce jig head along grass line/depth change later in day.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
              No sir, not yet.. will get there June 30th..

Not familiar with palm harbor, but let me know how it goes in the morning!!

Have you caught anything since you have been there?
              We just got down here this afternoon. Tomorrow morning will be the first excursion.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Headed down there myself Friday . Good luck

Comment

The fireworks in Rockport are usually pretty darn good.

If the trout are popping, I usually use something that looks "shrimpy" clear iridescent color hooked weightless. I use a bass offset hook so that it will float on top. Pitch it to the outside of the lights and twitch it across the area especially where you see them popping.

Comment

Fireworks @ Little Bay, will need to get there along the street pretty early to get a good spot

Comment

I'm headed that way Wednesday night. Always enjoy Rockport on July 4 weekend. Probably will wade fish a couple of mornings, but boat traffic will be horrible.
                        Another good spot with a kayak is to put in at south end of hwy35 causeway. There is a boat ramp there, and paddle under the bridge and back to the south. Ive caught a lot of fish between the bridge and Kontiki resort.

Comment

Thanks guys, looking up the spots you guys are suggesting..

Will defiantely look for the fireworks displays in Rockport.

Keep the reports coming!

Comment

We were down in early June, wind was out of the NE and it wasn't very good.
                            Caught this one wading Bartell.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gisp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	24501017

The reefs in Stinky Beach hold a lot of fish and almost nobody fishes it.
                            All the pvc marks the begging and ends of the reefs, there are a bunch.

As far as baits go, just feed them croaker or piggy perch.
                            Jerald at Seagunn bait is good folks.

Good luck.

Comment

That is one FAT Red...

Comment

Working...
                              X