Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
    Ol trigger finger getting itchy??
    Yup yup....away from the feeders of course..

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
    I hate those dang things! Lol
    You are missing out on a fine hunting experience. I love em during the spring. We don;t have pigs or exotics so its another thing to hunt for us. Our feeders are set in the spring to keep the hens around and scout particular areas of the ranch. I don't even care about the deer getting corn this time of year although they don't miss a meal..

I will say that we, as a whole, are pretty lucky in that we don't get bothered by them much during deer season. I'd shoot a good mature one with a bow in the fall over a feeder just to get his spurs and beard but haven't had the opportunity in the fall since 2008 so its rare. They seem to show late morning and mid afternoon if they show at all during deer season. It's all gone by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Yup yup....away from the feeders of course..

You are missing out on a fine hunting experience. I love em during the spring. We don;t have pigs or exotics so its another thing to hunt for us. Our feeders are set in the spring to keep the hens around and scout particular areas of the ranch. I don't even care about the deer getting corn this time of year although they don't miss a meal..

I will say that we, as a whole, are pretty lucky in that we don't get bothered by them much during deer season. I'd shoot a good mature one with a bow in the fall over a feeder just to get his spurs and beard but haven't had the opportunity in the fall since 2008 so its rare. They seem to show late morning and mid afternoon if they show at all during deer season. It's all gone by then.
      I know they are fun to hunt. We have so many on the river they are a PIA. So I joke about them a lot.

Comment

Who tags turkey ???

Comment

I know they are fun to hunt. We have so many on the river they are a PIA. So I joke about them a lot.

I see. I can understand folks hating them that don't really like to hunt them.

Right now we have 2-3 groups of 50-60 hens on the place judging by late winter sightings, TC cameras on opposite sides of the place and sightings on work days. We thought they may be the same and super mobile but the work day sightings driving through the place revealed there are multiple groups.[emoji15]. Our gobblers pops are a little less than that and we hope to reduce them by 10-14 this April and May[emoji16]

Comment

Thinning a flock really happens in the fall. Need to kill as many hens as possible to reduce the numbers, just killing toms in the spring doesn't do much if you have too many.

Comment

Thinning a flock really happens in the fall. Need to kill as many hens as possible to reduce the numbers, just killing toms in the spring doesn't do much if you have too many.
              Come on now Jack....it wasn't serious control conversation. It was merely talking about all ours guys killing some Toms during spring season..

Mother nature will do her thing as usual......in the meantime we like having them around for extra targets...

Comment

I know I know, was just talking in general, we use to have a major problem with them in the fall, they would come in and wipe out the feeder before deer even had a chance. We had to start laying the hens down because like you we had flocks of 30-40 running around. We liked them in the spring but man were they a pain in the azz during deer season.

Comment

Another good day
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1490224913.791920.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	24489926

Comment

Bobby that 8 on the right has some potential

Comment

Bobby that 8 on the right has some potential
                      Unless he's 6 or 7.......

Nice haul Bobby. I bet you were scouting for turkeys..

Comment

I did find a nice shed earlier in the year that is from last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Was out in Angelo yesterday for work and got to lease to do a little more work.
                          Caught a boar on road corn!

Got my water trough set up in my main feed pen. Just need water.

Got a pop up brushed in on a road corn spot for turkey, pigs and hopefully deer next season

Got to watch the big storm roll thru, it was noisy and a good show but not much rain for us[emoji35]

Comment

Looking good Jack.........

Comment

I did find a nice shed earlier in the year that is from last year.
                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Good G4 on him.

Comment

Cool pics, Jack.

Yeah...That storm that came through was all talk and soon fizzled out.

Comment

Working...
                                X