Shot a doe on saturday evening and she dissapeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot a doe on saturday evening and she dissapeared

I had a doe come in at 6 saturday evening. She jumped at the shot but it hit her square in the shoulders. When she ran off she had fletching sticking out on one side and arrow with broadhead on the other side. The last I saw her it was still in and she was running full blast. I followed the blood trail for about a hundred yards until I got to the lake bank. This is a 20yd pond we duck hunt. The trail went into the pond. I walked the pond for almost 4 hours that night and 1.5 hours on sunday morning. When I got home I looked at an anatomy chart and the blood was bright red with bubbles so I know I got lung. I am thinking she just sank out there. Is that possible? I would have thought she would float for a little while.

Not sure, the only deer Ive seen in the water had been their long enough to bloat a little and were floating but if the lungs were defalted I guess she could have sank. Thats a weird scenerio righ their.

Comment

I would bet she doubled back on you. If you hunt long enough it will happen sorry to hear.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, that's interesting. I've seen deer submerged but I don't know if they ever floated or not.
        I'd guess it's possible that she sank.... It's the air in your lungs that keeps you a float. And if you don't have any air and they fill up with water,,, then I can only presume that shed sink....

Comment

She might have gone in full speed not knowing where she was at and could have gone in and sank. I would think she would eventually come up if this happened. Deer do the starngest things once they have been hit so no telling. That is a weird situation though.

Comment

Working...
          X