Just a few snakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    I've always enjoyed your posts, Austin. But.....you're as crazy as a penned up raccoon and one of these days I'm gonna read about your silly *** in the newspaper.
    LOL This might come as a complete surprise to you but you're not the first person to ever tell me that.

As for how much I got paid to crawl under those houses, I can't remember. I'm pretty cheap help so I'm sure just enough to fill my truck up with gas. One house belonged to a little old lady and the gas line needed replaced under her house,she didn't have heat and it was cold. Some ol' boy went under the house to check things out and almost came up through the floor when he saw what was waiting for him in there. He said he wasn't coming back to fix anything until every snake was gone. So I made that happen. I didn't except any money from her though but I'm pretty sure her daughter ended up paying me like $50. The one I got stuck under belonged to a woman that's pretty easy on the eyes so nobody really had to twist my arm to go to her house in the first place. Probably wouldn't have charged her anything either if I hadn't got stuck and had to pretend I was having a good time instead of yelling "Call the fire department!!!!"
    Last edited by okrattler; 03-04-2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
      Dang I would like to have a few to fry up!

Old den looks like with that many in there.
      Yeah just think of all the wonderful cooked parasites inside them. D

Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        LOL This might come as a complete surprise to you but you're not the first person to ever tell me that.
        Yeah.........I'm completely shocked.

Comment

Gives me chills. I'm OUT!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            Holy cow! We have a conex box at camp. I have a pretty good idea we might have a smaller similar situation under it.
            I have killed a couple in my conexn.

Comment

I hate snakes. Make my skin crawl. That being said I stumbled across a Facebook page that has kind of changed my views about them. Don't get me wrong, they still scare the bageebers out of me but I probably won't kill any that aren't around my house/camp house any more. Getting soft, I know. LOL Face book page is "Big Country Snake Removal". Crazy like OKRATTLER kind of guy. His videos give me nightmares but amazing how docile they really are.

Comment

They should have caught them and taken them to the rattler roundup and made some money!

Comment

60 of them that size are some well fed snakes must have had plenty to eat

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                    I have killed a couple in my conexn.

Did you say IN your conex???? As in inside?

Comment

I've always enjoyed your posts, Austin. But.....you're as crazy as a penned up raccoon and one of these days I'm gonna read about your silly *** in the newspaper.
                      Couldn't have said it better

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                        I hate snakes. Make my skin crawl. That being said I stumbled across a Facebook page that has kind of changed my views about them. Don't get me wrong, they still scare the bageebers out of me but I probably won't kill any that aren't around my house/camp house any more. Getting soft, I know. LOL Face book page is "Big Country Snake Removal". Crazy like OKRATTLER kind of guy. His videos give me nightmares but amazing how docile they really are.
                        That guy has some pretty cool videos

Comment

I got a chuckle out of this!

Curtis, you are always good for a laugh!

Comment

I understand why the house was vacant.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                              I just don't get it, I've stomped around E TX my whole life and never even worried about stepping on a snake. In my experience they feel you coming way before you get to them and get the he ll out of your way.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                              don't bet on it...

Comment

Originally posted by txtradesman View Post
                                60 of them that size are some well fed snakes must have had plenty to eat
                                All the farm land up there, there's plenty of field mice and other food sources. With all the old barns and buildings there's plenty of places for snakes to get nice & comfortable. We have a nest of the savages living under one of our camp houses. Rancher moved a conex and killed a bunch of 'em. Prime snake habitat up in that part of the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X